• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Notification errors "cannot execute repllog.exe, clocknot.exe etc.

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

nilmobile

nilmobile
Notification errors "cannot execute repllog.exe, clocknot.exe etc.
Nov 15 2007, 7:28 PM EST
I'm getting notification errors on my Touch for calcnot.exe, clocknot.exe and few other exe's. Anybody knows how to fix these? The phone seems to be working fine but the error popups are annoying.
Thanks!
6  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
richaney
richaney
RE: Notification errors "cannot execute repllog.exe, clocknot.exe etc.
Nov 30 2007, 10:03 AM EST
Yeah, I'm getting the same on a Touch Dual, running in the UK under Orange ... and no useful advice from them on any fix! [ Short of a hard reset :-( ] 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
rjnbarrass

rjnbarrass
Dec 11 2007, 2:42 PM EST
I'm definately seeing this too... another thread mentioned that this might be active-sync related. I'm syncing to Outlook on Vista too if that is any help....
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
rjnbarrass

rjnbarrass
Dec 11 2007, 2:43 PM EST
whoops - hit the "Post" too quick! I've got the Touch Dual (HTC internal name of "Nike") from Orange in the UK Do you find this valuable?    
richaney
richaney
Dec 12 2007, 3:26 AM EST
Hmmm; I'm using ActiveSync 4.5 on XP, and also connecting across GPRS, etc, to our SBS 2003 Exchange server utilisiing Direct Push. Errors occur whether conected by cable to the XP PC or not... 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
richaney
richaney
Dec 14 2007, 6:01 AM EST
Okay; this may be a red herring, but I have just found that Orange had missed out some vital settings on my HTC Touch Dual, which were stopping it being able to deliver/receive MMS. In particular, the username "Orange" and password "Multimedia" were missing from the connections/networks named "Orange MMS" and "Orange WAP". Adding these details has fixed the MMS utility, but it is too early to confirm whether it has fixed the #.exe errors...

(If you want to find and check these details, go through; Settings, Connections, Connections, Advanced, Select Networks, pick and edit/check the settings - remember to re-set the "Programs that automatically..." to "Orange Internet" when you have finished editing!)
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 16 2007, 3:50 PM EST
Ya me too, I'm still trying to figure out a fix for it (I'm using the CDMA version of the touch) Do you find this valuable?    
apurdom

apurdom
Jan 3 2008, 12:13 PM EST
My Touch Dual is giving me those errors and then resets my clock, did you figure this one out yet? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 3 2008, 1:39 PM EST
At the moment (Jan08), Orange UK are apparently looking into the errors I'm getting. They remotely hijacked it one day (it went crazy with the noted errors and it was only when I called them that I found out they were playing around with it!) - but no response back to me yet on any recognised issues and reulting solution.

I have had the odd time where it has dropped the main phone network connection and has needed a reset before it could find the service again and make/take calls, etc. I don't know, however, whether this is related to the .exe errors - only that am still getting them albeit only very occasionally now).
Do you find this valuable?    
apurdom

apurdom
Jan 4 2008, 12:06 PM EST
appreciate the feedback-thanks. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
richaney
richaney
Jan 4 2008, 2:43 PM EST
"At the moment (Jan08), Orange UK are apparently looking into the errors I'm getting. They remotely hijacked it one day (it went crazy with the noted errors and it was only when I called them that I found out they were playing around with it!) - but no response back to me yet on any recognised issues and reulting solution.

I have had the odd time where it has dropped the main phone network connection and has needed a reset before it could find the service again and make/take calls, etc. I don't know, however, whether this is related to the .exe errors - only that am still getting them albeit only very occasionally now)."
Sorry; wrote this earlier without realising I wasn't signed in!... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 30 2008, 4:35 AM EST
I also get a few different .exe errors on the UK Orange Touch Dual I have. Has anyone found out how to prevent this yet? Thanks. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 22 2008, 8:53 AM EDT
I have the same problems with Bouygues Telecom... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 22 2008, 8:53 AM EDT
I have the same problem with Bouygues Telecom on a Dual Touch HTC.... Do you find this valuable?    
richaney
richaney
May 22 2008, 9:18 AM EDT
I <think> I have the answer. I went through two Dual handsets; each posting these same errors. Then the UK went onto Daylight Saving Time and my calender went nuts (this is relevant!)...

I had chosen for the phone side of the Touch to update the time using my network's signal (Settings / Phone / Time Zone) - but have now found that this was messing with WM6's time zone management for the calender. Basically, my phone was updating its time data every time I synced it with our Exchange 2003 system, and then getting overwritten by the network's time signal - which does not appear to carry any Time Zone information. This was made worse because any appointments I had made on the handset were not then carrying the (hidden) Time Zone data required to allow it to handle Daylight Savings changes - which made some of them suddenly shift by an hour forwards or back.

Once I turned off the Phone-based Time Zone management everything calmed down - and no more errors! (I have now trawled through all my appointments and rewritten them so that the necessary hidden Time Zone data is included, and everything is now running as it should be.)

Hope this helps!
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 27 2008, 6:40 AM EDT
Get a registry editor for your PDA

Search the registry for the key containing the path to the exe file that cannot be executed and delete that key

I had the ttgpseng problem and just solved it like this

Anonymous
Jul 8 2008, 12:29 AM EDT
I tried changing the time zone and it appears to have worked 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Thursday, 6:46 AM EST
i get the same errors when i use navigon... it doesnt happen when using tomtom.. time zone did not work for me at all.. i get taskschedule error too when using navigon

very strange error

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors