• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: YouTubeReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 13 of 13  |  Show  posts at a time

Posted Anonymously
YouTube
May 30 2008, 5:22 PM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2008, 5:22 PM EDT
Whenever I try to view a video from YouTube, Windows Media loads and I get an error message: "an unknown error 0X8007274D has occurred". Is anyone out there able to watch YouTube videos on their Mogul? 15  out of 18 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: Windows Media YouTube

Dashlikeflash
1. RE: YouTube
May 30 2008, 5:34 PM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2008, 5:34 PM EDT
I've been unable to get my HTC PPC6800 mogul to play movies on youtube either. I however haven't been able to spend much time on the issue.

What I wanted to investigate soon though was that...

Does the mobile version of youtube actually use windows media player to broadcast movies?

Because thats what my PPC attempts to open their movies with.

Is there a version of flash for windows mobile that I can install for sites like youtube?

If there is a version of flash for windows mobile, does mobile.youtube.com only broadcasts movies in a .wmv or similar format? I'd like to say youtube wouldn't because it hardly makes sense to design a streaming movie site with a very fast medium like flash and then create a backend for mobile devices that use windows media player.

I really didn't get a good chance to look into it but thats what I would start looking for.
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Dashlikeflash
2. RE: YouTube
May 30 2008, 5:35 PM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2008, 5:35 PM EDT
oh by the way, mine gives the same exact error. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
3. RE: YouTube
May 30 2008, 11:35 PM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2008, 11:35 PM EDT
"Whenever I try to view a video from YouTube, Windows Media loads and I get an error message: "an unknown error 0X8007274D has occurred". Is anyone out there able to watch YouTube videos on their Mogul?"
Go to

htcwiki.com/page/Viewing+YouTube+Windows+Mobile

and download Streaming Media Player or Vtap. Hope this helps.

3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
denco7
denco7
4. RE: YouTube
May 30 2008, 11:38 PM EDT | Post edited: May 30 2008, 11:38 PM EDT
"Go to

htcwiki.com/page/Viewing+YouTube+Windows+Mobile

"
Go to

htcwiki.com/page/Viewing+YouTube+on+Windows+Mobile

Sorry this is the right address

2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bignigga
Bignigga
5. RE: YouTube
Jun 4 2008, 6:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 4 2008, 6:19 PM EDT
Search myoutube or youtube mobile and download program. if you search htc mogul on you tube it will tell you alot about dif programs. First time posting don't know if i can say, oh will www.sprintmogul.net is a crazy site. Is being updated so I'm over here. check it out. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: YouTube
Jun 7 2008, 7:26 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 7 2008, 7:26 PM EDT
"Whenever I try to view a video from YouTube, Windows Media loads and I get an error message: "an unknown error 0X8007274D has occurred". Is anyone out there able to watch YouTube videos on their Mogul?"
My friend gave me two files to d/l that now allows me to view videos on youtube. One of them is called flashvideobundle and the other is tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1. Not sure where he got them from but the TCP is a program similar to windows media player and the other is a site that allows you to view youtube and other video sites more compact for the mogul screen. Just remember to make the tcp video player your default player for videos. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
metroace
metroace
7. RE: YouTube
Jun 8 2008, 6:01 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 8 2008, 6:01 PM EDT
Download a program called (youtubeplay ), all one word, to your mobile phone's chip and install it on your mobile phone. Select (save as) to save it to your micro sd instead of your phone. Use your stylus to press the reset button on the bottom of your phone afterwards. Just click on the drop down arrow for categories or type in your search 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: YouTube
Oct 18 2008, 7:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 18 2008, 7:34 PM EDT
"Download a program called (youtubeplay ), all one word, to your mobile phone's chip and install it on your mobile phone. Select (save as) to save it to your micro sd instead of your phone. Use your stylus to press the reset button on the bottom of your phone afterwards. Just click on the drop down arrow for categories or type in your search"
that works for me. I have the HTC Touch-Vogue Do you find this valuable?    
talontsi07
talontsi07
9. Download movie files from YouTube on your Windows Mobile Device
Oct 19 2008, 3:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 19 2008, 3:47 AM EDT
http://www.uploading.com/files/QTEDBT79/MediaHamMobileSetup.cab.html

Windows Mobile Downloader: Download movie files from YouTube on your Windows Mobile Device with this downloader.

Key features: It's easy and fast, output video has excellent image and sound quality, installing and uninstalling process is very simple. Version 1.2 updated features of downloading YouTube files.

http://www.uploading.com/files/QTEDBT79/MediaHamMobileSetup.cab.html
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: YouTube
Oct 30 2008, 1:29 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 30 2008, 1:29 PM EDT
I downloaded Windows 6.1 and then I could watch you tube videos, use my GPS navigation and the web browser was a LOT better. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
11. RE: YouTube
Jan 1 2009, 11:27 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 11:27 PM EST
"My friend gave me two files to d/l that now allows me to view videos on youtube. One of them is called flashvideobundle and the other is tcpmp.pocketpc.0.72RC1. Not sure where he got them from but the TCP is a program similar to windows media player and the other is a site that allows you to view youtube and other video sites more compact for the mogul screen. Just remember to make the tcp video player your default player for videos. "
hey plz i got the same problem can u give me the website or i give you my email plz help me!!! Do you find this valuable?    

scarter881
12. RE: YouTube
Jan 19 2009, 12:25 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 19 2009, 12:25 PM EST
Download Skyfire. You will be able to go to view different video sites such as youtube and hulu Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)