• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Can't access YouTube's videos

Keyword tags: youtube (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Can't access YouTube's videos
Mar 23 2008, 2:51 PM EDT
It seems that this new YouTube Mobile service is based on xHTML and uses 3GP videos with H263/AMR codec and RTSP streaming. I keep getting the error that the RTSP protocol is not supported, is there any way to fix this, or are there any workarounds?

BTW I am on a TMobile Dash smartphone...
8  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellydansa31

bellydansa31
RE: Can't access YouTube's videos
Apr 9 2008, 10:27 AM EDT
"It seems that this new YouTube Mobile service is based on xHTML and uses 3GP videos with H263/AMR codec and RTSP streaming. I keep getting the error that the RTSP protocol is not supported, is there any way to fix this, or are there any workarounds?

BTW I am on a TMobile Dash smartphone..."
hey guys i know that I used to be jealous of the iphone ,coz it plays youtube and all kind of stuff . and as you may know that your htc touch phone dont play them , but i have found a new way for u to get any youtube video played on your htc touch without even having to download it . Its called "Vtap" , so go vtap.com but do it on your mobile so you'll be able to download it directly. when the page opens it will say like touch phone download or somethin like that i cant remember but its obvious and u cant miss or use the web without it . and so download the program and ull be able to watch any youtube video , and it is simple . u just type whatever u want the click search and BAM its there playing infront of you. now its better to use these websites to play videos if u have an unlimited plan otherwise its gonna cost u a lot of me. so that's it enjoy and u can thank me later. lol. 5  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
bellydansa31

bellydansa31
Apr 9 2008, 10:27 AM EDT
hey guys i know that I used to be jealous of the iphone ,coz it plays youtube and all kind of stuff . and as you may know that your htc touch phone dont play them , but i have found a new way for u to get any youtube video played on your htc touch without even having to download it . Its called "Vtap" , so go vtap.com but do it on your mobile so you'll be able to download it directly. when the page opens it will say like touch phone download or somethin like that i cant remember but its obvious and u cant miss or use the web without it . and so download the program and ull be able to watch any youtube video , and it is simple . u just type whatever u want the click search and BAM its there playing infront of you. now its better to use these websites to play videos if u have an unlimited plan otherwise its gonna cost u a lot of me. so that's it enjoy and u can thank me later. lol. 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Can't access YouTube's videosI
Apr 21 2008, 10:25 AM EDT
I too have t-mo dash and was continually frustrated at not being able to watch youtube vids... please just go to vtap.com from ur device, download/install the program and IMMEDIATELY u'll be able to watch not only youtube vids...but vids that have been uploaded around the internet. No more wild goose chases w/dead links.

-bria
2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Ldread
Ldread
Apr 22 2008, 4:12 PM EDT
i tryed the Vtap works very thanks, but the question at hand does anyone know how to fix this because it use to work great i meet a guy at the sprint store and he gave me the TCPMP program with links to many websites to watch videos i had to do a hard reset and lost it all 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 28 2008, 4:13 PM EDT
man i've been looking for a way to watch youtubes for the last two days and when i downloaded vtap it worked. i'm so excited THANKS! 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 28 2008, 4:20 PM EDT
Also can try their mobile website.....
m.youtube.com
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Apr 28 2008, 7:50 PM EDT
Check out this new page: http://htcwiki.com/page/Viewing+YouTube+on+Windows+Mobile 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 20 2008, 7:17 AM EDT
To stream youtube content, stream using http://m.vtap.com which uses MMS. MMS is supported by Windows Media player. You could also download the vtap client for a better experience 3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
Jun 28 2008, 12:37 PM EDT
"hey guys i know that I used to be jealous of the iphone ,coz it plays youtube and all kind of stuff . and as you may know that your htc touch phone dont play them , but i have found a new way for u to get any youtube video played on your htc touch without even having to download it . Its called "Vtap" , so go vtap.com but do it on your mobile so you'll be able to download it directly. when the page opens it will say like touch phone download or somethin like that i cant remember but its obvious and u cant miss or use the web without it . and so download the program and ull be able to watch any youtube video , and it is simple . u just type whatever u want the click search and BAM its there playing infront of you. now its better to use these websites to play videos if u have an unlimited plan otherwise its gonna cost u a lot of me. so that's it enjoy and u can thank me later. lol."
This didn't work on my 6800. Any other ideas? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 30 2008, 7:14 AM EDT
Try http://m.vtap.com. It should work for all windows mobile phone. 5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 7 2008, 4:26 PM EST
go tp ppcgeeks there is a lot of help there for the smartphones Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors