• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: rebootingReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

Posted Anonymously
rebooting
Jan 14 2008, 2:54 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2008, 2:54 AM EST
my P4000 stated to continuously reboot after installing microsoft voice command 1.5 any help. Is there a safe mode start on this machine? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: rebooting
Jan 14 2008, 2:53 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2008, 2:53 PM EST
"my P4000 stated to continuously reboot after installing microsoft voice command 1.5 any help. Is there a safe mode start on this machine?"
There really isn’t a Safe Boot mode for this device. If you cant get the uint to stay on long enough to uninstall MC VC then you are likely going to have to perform a Hard Reset using the Keystroke Method and start all over (Hard Reset returns the device to out-of-box condition).
With the device powered off, press and hold the Left and Right Soft Keys (just above the Send Call and End Call buttons) and then while holding the soft keys, insert the stylus into the reset hole. If done correctly, you'll get a screen asking you to confirm the Hard Reset.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: rebooting
Jan 14 2008, 8:14 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2008, 8:14 PM EST
Thanks for the help 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
3. RE: rebooting
Jan 14 2008, 9:14 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2008, 9:14 PM EST
Spb Pocket Plus offers a safe mode if you have a problem when soft resetting. You can find it here at www.spbsoftwarehouse.com. It also adds a lot of other nice features. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

abbeca
4. RE: rebooting
Jan 16 2008, 8:04 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2008, 8:04 PM EST

I have this problem every time I install a new program. The solution that works for me is to remove my microSD card and wait until it boots then reinsert the card. Then all is well again and it will reboot fine until I install another program and then I have to once again remove the microSD card for one boot and then all is well again.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: rebooting
Jan 17 2008, 9:18 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 17 2008, 9:18 AM EST
I have the same problem with mine when I have an SD card in.... I thought it was just me :) Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
6. RE: rebooting
Feb 3 2008, 12:10 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 3 2008, 12:10 AM EST
omg thank u so much, life saver.... :-)
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: rebooting
Dec 23 2008, 10:32 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2008, 10:32 PM EST
"
I have this problem every time I install a new program. The solution that works for me is to remove my microSD card and wait until it boots then reinsert the card. Then all is well again and it will reboot fine until I install another program and then I have to once again remove the microSD card for one boot and then all is well again."
YOU SAVED MY LIFE! THANK YOU SO MUCH ! Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)