• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in  to Wetpaint

Discussion: WiFi and GPRS in HTC TouchReported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

Posted Anonymously
WiFi and GPRS in HTC Touch
Dec 23 2007, 4:27 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2007, 4:27 AM EST
How to make the WiFi to be the default internet connection for all programs instead of GPRS? 8  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: GPRS WiFi

fmamone
1. RE: WiFi and GPRS in HTC Touch
Apr 29 2008, 3:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 29 2008, 3:45 PM EDT
"How to make the WiFi to be the default internet connection for all programs instead of GPRS?"
From what I read Wi-Fi is always the default. If it's not available it will try to use GPRS.

Since I don't have a data package, I called Rogers and they blocked the data for me so I don't get charged everytime it tries.

-Frank
Do you find this valuable?    

JuanDebrecen
2. RE: WiFi and GPRS in HTC Touch
Feb 5 2009, 9:46 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2009, 9:46 AM EST
"From what I read Wi-Fi is always the default. If it's not available it will try to use GPRS.

Since I don't have a data package, I called Rogers and they blocked the data for me so I don't get charged everytime it tries.

-Frank"
Hi!
Well, for me, the Wi-Fi is NOT default :( How can i make it default? or just change it to use it, at least with the email client.
thank you!
denco7
denco7
3. RE: WiFi and GPRS in HTC Touch
Feb 5 2009, 10:40 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2009, 10:40 AM EST
"Hi!
Well, for me, the Wi-Fi is NOT default :( How can i make it default? or just change it to use it, at least with the email client.
thank you!"
Wifi is not default on any phone. Hello ? Cell phones , we are talking about. The Acarriers make their money getting you to sign up for data plans, or charging you per kilobyte. Why would they want to sell aphone that uses a free wifi connection as the default connection.

That said , use No Data, it turns off your data connection and only allows the phone to connect through wifi,

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-software/246171/new-free-utility-nodata/

JuanDebrecen
4. RE: WiFi and GPRS in HTC Touch
Feb 5 2009, 11:58 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 5 2009, 11:58 AM EST
"That said , use No Data, it turns off your data connection and only allows the phone to connect through wifi,

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-software/246171/new-free-utility-nodata/"
Thanks for the program! I really needed this program! Though i still have a small problem, because i cannot get my emails via Seven, even though the wifi is active, and is the ONLY internet connection.
can you help me anyhow? Thanks anyway!

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)