• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Extended BatteryReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

bogee
Extended Battery
Dec 11 2007, 7:58 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 11 2007, 7:58 AM EST
Does anyone know if there is an extended battery for the shadow or if it is sold overseas under another name? Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: Juno Shadow

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Extended Battery
Dec 14 2007, 4:33 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 14 2007, 4:33 PM EST
http://www.thepocketsolution.com/PSI-42957.html
found this, pretty nifty, but who wants to lug one of these things around? thats the reason i bought a pda phone, so that i dont need to lug around a laptop. but with the shadow horrible battery life, this is the only thing to make it while. i might get it for the weekends im away from home at my gf's house.
Do you find this valuable?    

acmemeat
2. RE: Extended Battery
Dec 30 2007, 11:02 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 30 2007, 11:02 AM EST
you can now go to T-Mobile and get an extra battery to carry around. I have found that it takes a little to remember which one is charged and not. Once in the habit the switching of batteries becomes common place. Hope this helps for all. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Extended Battery
Jan 6 2008, 12:27 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2008, 12:27 AM EST
Because the Shadow takes a plain ol' 5v miniUSB, you can use any generic (or brand name) miniUSB to charge--or just the regular computer 5v.
The one included is 1A, but you can use anything--however the lower the amperage, the slower the charge. We ordered two Shadows and they came with different styles of chargers (made by two different companies). They just include whatever 1A is cheapest, most likely. There is no reason for you to do otherwise.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Ktown91
4. RE: Extended Battery
Aug 21 2009, 12:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2009, 12:04 PM EDT
You can get one now on Ebay or some other site I forget its name but I doubt you will want to now because you posted this in 2007 and hopefully in 2009 you got rid of this crappy HTC Shadow. Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
5. RE: Extended Battery
Aug 25 2009, 10:51 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 25 2009, 10:51 PM EDT
"You can get one now on Ebay or some other site I forget its name but I doubt you will want to now because you posted this in 2007 and hopefully in 2009 you got rid of this crappy HTC Shadow."
My original Diamond Tel by Mitsubishi cell phone was about the size of a dictionary, weighed about 10 pounds and the battery lasted about three hours. All it would do was make phone calls, but I loved it because I could go out sailing when I was on call and had to be available by phone. It beat staying home by the phone. With time, devices improve and we have to upgrade the devices to keep current with the technology. If the Shadow was a battery guzzler, the newer phones are much better. I'm pretty sure TMO has a Touch Pro version and I know they will have a Touch Pro 2. Do yourself a favor and trade up. You will know in a few minutes that you have a new generation of device with greater capabilities and more battery power. They aren't perfect either, but they are much better. I can't wait to see what will be out in 2 years. Check out the HTC Leo - just announced - now that's a hot shot! Do you find this valuable?    
stevecooley
stevecooley
6. RE: Extended Battery
Aug 27 2009, 3:09 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 27 2009, 3:09 AM EDT
I purchased the Mungen extended battery on EBAY, it lasts longer, the OEM battery sucks big time Do you find this valuable?    

almendra13
7. RE: Extended Battery
Aug 28 2009, 12:16 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 28 2009, 12:16 AM EDT
go to daydeal.com that where i found an extended battery for my htc touch pro that i couldnt find anywhere not even on ebay they have everything on phones. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)