• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: T-Mobile Shadow vs. T-Mobile Touch DiamondReported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

TonyLP19
T-Mobile Shadow vs. T-Mobile Touch Diamond
May 28 2008, 1:04 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2008, 1:04 PM EDT
I recently purchased an HTC Shadow through T-Mobile phone sales. They only provide a 20 day remorse period, which I find completely ridiculous considering you have 30 with the other carriers. I wanted to get people's opinions on whether I should keep the Shadow or return it and wait a month for the Touch Diamond. Keep in mind this is a second line, and also keep in mind that I have had both the HTC Vogue and Titan with Sprint on my primary line. I have become accustomed to using touch screen phones, that is why I am hesitant about keeping the Shadow. I have also witnessed it being very sluggish 90 percent of the time, but can you really expect more when working with Windows Mobile. The Neo interface is very cool, but I just don't think the phone will live up to the expectations I would like it to meet. So, I would just like to know of any registry tweaks or programs besides the obvious: spb mobile shell, etc. that would allow me to reconsider returning this phone. This is my first time using a wiki message board, so if this is in the wrong section I apologize. Thanks in advance for anyone that can provide assistance. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: T-Mobile Shadow vs. T-Mobile Touch Diamond
Jun 30 2008, 10:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 30 2008, 10:04 PM EDT
i also just bought a t-mobile shadow . i love this phone it is stellar for what i use it for. yes it can be luggish but as u siad its WM! i have decided to return the phone after its 30 day return period (yes t-mobile gives you thirty days). It is not becuase i do not like the phone it is just that the shadow II is coming out soon and if this phone was that good then imagine the shadow II. You might have to wait a little longer for the Touch Diamond to appear (Shadow III?). Hopefullly Early August. So i think i am also going ot wait for the Touch Diamond. Hope this helped! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: T-Mobile Shadow vs. T-Mobile Touch Diamond
Jul 11 2008, 12:35 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 11 2008, 12:35 AM EDT
I have had nothing but problem after problem with my tmobile Shadow. I got the phone when it first came out in November and already am on my 3rd! It is slow, freezes up constantly, text predict behaves erratically and all my ringtones and sounds on the phone occasionaly go warp speed on me. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: T-Mobile Shadow vs. T-Mobile Touch Diamond
Jul 12 2008, 3:07 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 12 2008, 3:07 PM EDT
I have a Shadow, This phone sucks, its full of features no doubt about that but make sure you have a charger handy if you want to use them. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Ktown91
4. RE: T-Mobile Shadow vs. T-Mobile Touch Diamond
Aug 21 2009, 12:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 21 2009, 12:00 PM EDT
Amen! Me too! I went in for an upgrade and I think I got a downgrade. Tmobile is in the process of sending me a 3rd Shadow at this point. I called HTC and the guy was no help. He said my issues were not "known problems" and then I asked what I was doing to cause this and he said he also couldn't help me. He offered to transfer me to the repair department but admitted it would be like $100 to $200 to fix it. No way am I spending that much. I only spent $99 on it to begin with! Mine only last 7 months before they start freezing and the keys stop working. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)