• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: After upgrading to WM6, unable to SyncThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
After upgrading to WM6, unable to Sync
Nov 26 2007, 9:35 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2007, 9:35 AM EST
I've recently upgraded my ATT 8525 device to version 6.1 via the HTC website. Everything went fine with the upgrade, but after Windows Vista Device Center states "device is unrecognized". I have tried to disable and reenable the advanced USB connection setting, but makes no difference.

Any advice, solutions? It almost seems like windows vista device center needs a new driver.
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: None
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: After upgrading to WM6, unable to Sync
Nov 26 2007, 1:37 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 26 2007, 1:37 PM EST
"I've recently upgraded my ATT 8525 device to version 6.1 via the HTC website. Everything went fine with the upgrade, but after Windows Vista Device Center states "device is unrecognized". I have tried to disable and reenable the advanced USB connection setting, but makes no difference.

Any advice, solutions? It almost seems like windows vista device center needs a new driver."
Do you have the latest version of WMDC? Try uninstalling and reinstalling. I have the latest version of WMDC and it recognizes all of my HTC devices automatically.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
vipertech1

vipertech1
2. RE: After upgrading to WM6, unable to Sync
Dec 26 2007, 9:31 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 26 2007, 9:31 AM EST
Check out this tag if you still have issues
http://www.modaco.com/content/Windows-Mobile-News/252977/RUU-on-Vista-It-can-be-done-the-ultimate-guide/

Anonymous
3. RE: After upgrading to WM6, unable to Sync
Jan 9 2008, 11:21 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2008, 11:21 PM EST
Did you have any luck correcting the sync issue? I have the same problem.
fesheila

fesheila
4. RE: After upgrading to WM6, unable to Sync
Feb 25 2008, 1:29 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 25 2008, 1:29 PM EST
"I've recently upgraded my ATT 8525 device to version 6.1 via the HTC website. Everything went fine with the upgrade, but after Windows Vista Device Center states "device is unrecognized". I have tried to disable and reenable the advanced USB connection setting, but makes no difference.

Any advice, solutions? It almost seems like windows vista device center needs a new driver."
I had this exact problem and had to reset the 8525 to factory specs. Under settings - system - select 'clear storage'. Once I did that I no longer experienced the problem, unfortunately I had to start from scratch and re install all the programs I had installed previously.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?