• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: no safe caseThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
no safe case
Nov 11 2007, 11:09 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 11 2007, 11:09 AM EST
very cool phone, very very expensive phone, very breakable phone, very long time to protect phone over 3 yr contract (too expensive to buy without contract). why did they include the cheapest case money can buy. Trying to unwrap the phone in time to answer phone is abit of mess (trying not to drop or press another button (( I LOVE all the buttons((). Have looked for nice protective case but so far have only found suitcases to pack this thing with
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
sknodal

sknodal
1. RE: no safe case
Dec 2 2007, 11:31 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 2 2007, 11:31 PM EST
I have an 8525 and thought the same thing, one drop and this thing is an expensive paper-weight. I found a clear/hard plastic case that snaps on. The phone can be used without having to unwrap it or pulling it out of anything (except pockets and purses) This case is very durable and very inexpensive. (about $5) I bought a couple of them. You can find them at http://www.cellphoneshop.net/clsncoforci8.html
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: no safe case
Dec 9 2007, 4:07 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 9 2007, 4:07 PM EST
My 8525 case: I went to Northern Tool and bought a Bucket Boss padded cell phone case. These things are designed for construction workers, etc. that work out in the rough and tumble world to protect phones from bumps and bangs against things. It's black nylon fabric outside with a long, thick velcro flap. My 8525 fits in it perfectly. If it rings, I lift the flap, press against the (soft) bottom of the case with a finger, the phone slides up and I can bring it out of the case to answer by the 3rd ring. It was $5. - its padded black nylon with a long belt clip, so it may not look great with a suit, but it protects. I knocked my phone (in case) off my desk once, when I picked it up I was afraid I had broken something. Slipped it out of the Bucket Boss and pressed the button to wake it up, and it worked fine. No damage.
I used the same case with a previous phone, and after 3 yrs, it didn't have a scratch on it. So I got a new Bucket Boss for my 8525.. found it by accident while browsing in the local store.. but now I wouldn't want anything else.
Pjop
Pjop
3. RE: no safe case
Dec 28 2007, 1:38 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2007, 1:38 AM EST
I found a case that works really well. it has a swivel belt attachemnt so you dont have to worry about it falling off and there are no stupid clips and such you gotta fidget with while you try to answer a call.
http://www.cases.com/pamdcppc6800.htmI
It its worth the wait and $ for shipment
cravinmild

cravinmild
4. RE: no safe case
Dec 28 2007, 2:02 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2007, 2:02 PM EST
Thanks for the replys everyone. Will look at the cases but think the Bucket Boss would be the way i would go as i am in construction.
sknodal

sknodal
5. RE: no safe case
Dec 28 2007, 5:15 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2007, 5:15 PM EST
If you are in construction, I would leave this phone at home. because of the cost of this phone, you cannot get insurance through your carrier. (I had to go through my homeowners insurance) so exposing it to potential damage is not financially prudent. the bucket boss will protect it from getting knocked around. However, the dust will penetrate through all cases (unless you put it in a ziplock baggie). I also am in the building/construction industry, and can no longer take my 8525 to work with me. Even in the sealed pocket of my work jacket, my phone gets so much dust that it has trouble operating. (And I am not even at the job site all day) . I have had to start putting my sim card in my old phone and use it at work and use the 8525 when I'm not at work. I don't suggest this for everyone. It's a hassle, but it's better than the alternative. this phone is great for all it's features, however through experience, I have found that it offers no benefit on the construction site and might even be a bit inconvenient. Everywhere else, I love it!!
cravinmild

cravinmild
6. RE: no safe case
Dec 28 2007, 7:06 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 28 2007, 7:06 PM EST
"If you are in construction, I would leave this phone at home. because of the cost of this phone, you cannot get insurance through your carrier. (I had to go through my homeowners insurance) so exposing it to potential damage is not financially prudent. the bucket boss will protect it from getting knocked around. However, the dust will penetrate through all cases (unless you put it in a ziplock baggie). I also am in the building/construction industry, and can no longer take my 8525 to work with me. Even in the sealed pocket of my work jacket, my phone gets so much dust that it has trouble operating. (And I am not even at the job site all day) . I have had to start putting my sim card in my old phone and use it at work and use the 8525 when I'm not at work. I don't suggest this for everyone. It's a hassle, but it's better than the alternative. this phone is great for all it's features, however through experience, I have found that it offers no benefit on the construction site and might even be a bit inconvenient. Everywhere else, I love it!! "
hahahahah That is soooo funnny as a matter-of- fact i do put in in a ziplock baggie while at work then wrapped in a handtowel in a tuperwear bowl. As i have bluetooth stero headset(sony bt Q30-which are better than nothing I guess) and full voice control once all wrapped up nicely and in mypouch I am fairly confident of no damage. This does mean i look abit stupid when i have to pull it out infront of everyone after the phone freezes because of bluetooth. But as a bleeding edger would not have been happy with anything else. This is my fate but a NICE LOOKING case what would also serve my purpose would be great......Mabey i should try one of those underwater cases......back to looking like a dork....thanks for the reply though its nice to know someone is listening

Anonymous
7. RE: no safe case
Jan 24 2008, 5:40 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 24 2008, 5:40 AM EST
I have sprint and I have insurance on this device. Costs $7/month. part of total equipment package. The only provider that I know in the US that doesn't provide insurance on anything PDA-related is AT&T, yeah, the ONLY ones who sell the iPhone in the US.
miarules

miarules
8. RE: no safe case
Mar 9 2008, 8:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 9 2008, 8:13 PM EDT
Try case.com. I found a case I liked for $14. It's leather and has a screen protector built in. The only think I don't like is that there is no way to lock the clip from spinning around. The phone moves all the time. Has anyone tried the rubber cases?

Anonymous
9. RE: no safe case
Mar 10 2008, 3:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 10 2008, 3:25 AM EDT
Go to MogulDepot.COM, they have some great full covered cases for thye moguls.

Anonymous
10. RE: no safe case
Apr 15 2008, 6:52 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2008, 6:52 PM EDT
seidio.com great cases and protection add ons

Anonymous
11. RE: no safe case
Jun 3 2008, 7:28 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 3 2008, 7:28 AM EDT
Look at the Body Glove for HTC Touch phones /
www.bodyglove.com
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)