• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 14 of 14  |  Show  posts at a time

id.francesco
Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Oct 24 2007, 1:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 24 2007, 1:10 PM EDT
Hi, i have problems setting up a PAN connection between my Htc P3600 and the notebook(Packard Bell Easynote). I manage without any problems to set up a bluetooth syncronisation creating a partnership(using Windows mobile device center) with the notebook but when i try to connect to a "Bluetooth personal area network" it won`t recognise my device Can anybody help me? Thanks. 6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Posted Anonymously
1. RE: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Nov 8 2007, 1:59 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 8 2007, 1:59 PM EST
I've been having the same problem... Still no luck... 1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
2. RE: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Feb 3 2008, 7:42 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 3 2008, 7:42 PM EST
and now? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
3. RE: Same problem
Feb 4 2008, 3:04 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2008, 3:04 PM EST
I am having the same issue. Problem is that its an HTC S710 trying to connect to an HP notebook with Broadcom bluetooth controller running Windows Vista. At this point, Im not sure out of these 4 manufacturers is responsible? Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
4. RE: Same problem
Feb 4 2008, 3:13 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2008, 3:13 PM EST
Make sure to enable "Internet Sharing" on your HTC device before trying to join the Bluetooth PAN. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
5. RE: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Mar 31 2008, 3:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 31 2008, 3:55 PM EDT
ik heb dit probleem ook, binnen vista kan ik wel mujn HTC S730 via BT paren, maar de HTC biedt geen Internet sharing (PAN) aan. Bij het paren geeft vista wel aan dat er een driver benodigd is maar deze is niet te vinden (CD). 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
6. Worked: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Apr 15 2008, 7:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 15 2008, 7:12 AM EDT
I got it to work between my HP Pavillion and S710...for a while. I rebuilt my notebook and did a hard reset of the phone and everything worked as standard using default options. Its now been 2 months and yesterday, for the first time, the PAN ability is now missing. Nothing has been installed on either the laptop or phone and I am wondering if Windows Update for Vista has "upgraded" to a stack that doesnt work with S710? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
7. RE: Worked: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Oct 20 2008, 8:45 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 20 2008, 8:45 AM EDT
Another one with the same problem... Windows isn't able to find any drivers when i set up internet sharing through BT-PAN on my p3700 (Touch Diamond)... I don't know why i post it here because the last one was a long time ago... But hey, the more people complain about this, the faster the solution will be presented... i hope... Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
8. RE: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Dec 1 2008, 3:18 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 1 2008, 3:18 PM EST
I have the same problem. Tried a lot of things but it just doesn't work! When will an d hope they do soon, HTC fix this problem. There is only one cable delivered with your HTC so you need it always to have with you now. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Posted Anonymously
9. RE: Worked: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Dec 3 2008, 6:42 AM EST | Post edited: Dec 3 2008, 6:42 AM EST
"Another one with the same problem... Windows isn't able to find any drivers when i set up internet sharing through BT-PAN on my p3700 (Touch Diamond)... I don't know why i post it here because the last one was a long time ago... But hey, the more people complain about this, the faster the solution will be presented... i hope..."
Same problem after upgrade to 6.1 on HTC Cruise. Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
10. RE: Worked: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Dec 19 2008, 5:54 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 19 2008, 5:54 PM EST
I have the same poblem,
Everything worked fine untill i installed the vista servicepak (on hp paviillion dv2899) The PAN service of my HTC Touch pro is not longer regognized!
It sucks
Do you find this valuable?    

Posted Anonymously
11. RE: Worked: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Jan 4 2009, 12:31 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 4 2009, 12:31 AM EST
Ok got mine up and running now.
this is Vista and HTC diamond using "internet sharing" program

goto network and sharing center
goto network connections
enable bluetooth network connection icon
right click on bluetooth icon on taskbar
click join personal area network
shazaam

worked for me!
Do you find this valuable?    

xPafx
12. RE: Worked: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Feb 15 2009, 1:11 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 15 2009, 1:11 PM EST
This doesn't work. Just keep getting the error message that "the connection with the bluetooth network device failed. The device may already be connected to another computer...", which it isn't. It seems impossible to connect the HTC to Vista via Bluetooth in any other ways than with ActiveSync. I find this rather annoying since it seems that ActiveSync requires a rather high speed connection to keep connected. If I remove myself to far from the computer, the connection fails. And it's not because of the phone nor the bluetooth adapter, I've managed to get both working at the same distance with other connections. Any more suggestions? Do you find this valuable?    

Stuartzz
13. RE: Worked: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Aug 17 2009, 6:14 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 17 2009, 6:14 AM EDT
Htc hd touch t8282 with vista pc. Usb internet sharing works.bluetooth internet sharing not working anymore.pc won't detect phone for PAN personal area network,but will detect it for other purposes.it did work for a few months and then stopped working and I don't know why.maybe I will try reloading vista and will try new ROM for phone.also when trying to start bluetooth internet sharing, pc sometimes tries to install driver for bluetooth peripheral device and fails. any ideas/help? :) Do you find this valuable?