• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: T-Mobile Dash as ModemThis is a featured thread

gohan16ken

gohan16ken
T-Mobile Dash as Modem
Oct 11 2007, 8:04 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 11 2007, 8:04 PM EDT
I have attached my T-Mobile Wing/Dash to by computer via the USB cable. I am running Windows Vista (32-bit, official product release on a HP Pavilion dv2500. I have also inserted the original T-Mobile CD containing the drivers for the phone. However, these drivers are for Windows XP (or other versions of Windows, but not Vista). When I connect the phone to the USB cable I get an error:

Windows needs to install the driver software for your Generic RNDIS.

Device driver was not successfully installed.
Generic RNDIS

I called T-Mobile which is no help. I can connect both phone as a bluetooth modem but not USB. How can I get this Generic RNDIS
10  out of 11 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None

Anonymous
1. RE: T-Mobile Dash as Modem
Nov 4 2007, 3:58 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 4 2007, 3:58 AM EST
Tmobile customer service reps are the worst. You have to call 4 or 5 times to get what you need..
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
2. RE: T-Mobile Dash as Modem
Nov 5 2007, 6:45 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 5 2007, 6:45 AM EST
Windows Vista uses a software called "Windows Mobile Device Center". The easiest way to obtain drivers (Phone as a Modem or PIM synchronization) is simply plug in the USB to the phone to the computer and run Windows Update. The second way to get WMDC is to go to Microsoft' s website and simply search and get it. Activesync is deemed obsolete for Vista and is replaced by WMDC. For any synchronization issues, they have to go to the PDA department. I'm appalled that nobody in the technical care field can help you, usually they are helpful. Must be new hires or something i.m.o. .

-Allen S.
3  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. T-Mobile Dash as Modem
Nov 10 2007, 3:48 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 10 2007, 3:48 AM EST
Here is a link to my answer about disabling xT9. It works on my T-Mobile Dash WM6.
http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=10195689#post10195689
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
4. RE: T-Mobile Dash as Modem
May 7 2008, 12:50 PM EDT | Post edited: May 7 2008, 12:50 PM EDT
"Tmobile customer service reps are the worst. You have to call 4 or 5 times to get what you need.."
You really need to ask for Tier 3 data support from T-Mobile. The PDA department is not very helpful, as they result to a knowledge base for answers. I work for Tier 3 data support, and we are allowed to "think outside the box" and do whatever to get it fixed. However most of the RNDIS errors found are based off of Windows errors. This however is applied to Windows XP. People running Windows XP that have had their modems working, and suddenly they see the RNDIS problem, it is a result of windows and to get support you need to call Microsoft, not T-mobile. We can fix lots of issues though we are not Microsoft technicians, we don't support the functionality of Microsoft software, we just do what we can to make it work. If standard fixes do not work (EG: Uninstall, reboot, reinstall/device manager fixes) on programs like Activesync, or basic plug & play components/drivers then you really need to contact microsoft for further assistance in getting your OS to function properly.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?