• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: HTC USB modem driver or getting started CDThis is a featured thread

This thread was saved to a page named marinel Apr 24 2009, 3:06 PM EDT. what's this?Thread Saved to a PageThe full contents of individual threads can be easily exported to create an editable site content page. Converting threads into pages is a great means to create a more readable summary of information for all users.

Previous | 1 2 3  | Next

Anonymous
20. RE: HTC USB modem driver or getting started CD
May 24 2008, 12:24 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2008, 12:24 PM EDT
"just what he said "USB driver"? I don't need activesync, that works fine, when i try to use it as a modem the computer goes to device wizard and asks for USB driver! How much plainer does it get!?"
when you install these prorams (actifesync, and windows mobile device center) it installs the drivers as well. The installation process should put the drivers on your computer. Hope this info was helpful!
39  out of 43 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
21. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
May 28 2008, 9:51 PM EDT | Post edited: May 28 2008, 9:51 PM EDT
I have the same problem i need to get drivers for htc touch from sprint. Is there some where i can find the getting started cd
13  out of 15 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
22. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
Jun 1 2008, 6:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 1 2008, 6:25 AM EDT
"I have the same problem i need to get drivers for htc touch from sprint. Is there some where i can find the getting started cd"
http://www.htc.com/us/fAQs.aspx?p_id=88&cat=264&id=8256

YOU DON'T NEED A DRIVER!!!!!!
10  out of 16 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
23. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
Jun 11 2008, 3:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 11 2008, 3:15 PM EDT
Drivers are for the PC, not for for the phone
I have the same problem.
6  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
24. RE: HTC USB modem driver or getting started CD
Jun 14 2008, 4:55 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 14 2008, 4:55 AM EDT
I have the cd - along w. activesync software there's an HTC branded installer utility that sets up drivers to recognize my xv6800 as an 'htc usb modem' instead of a generic verizon xv8600 device which is the only way to get it to work w. vzwmanager, the proper broadband dialup tool for this service. I'm out of town, had some problems, accidentally uninstalled the driver, now I can't find it anywhere to re-install. if someone has this HTC driver loader utility (for windows xp, _not_ anything for the handheld device), please let us know where we can find it. I'm desperate. thanks - jt
4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
25. RE: HTC USB modem driver or getting started CD
Jun 23 2008, 10:12 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 23 2008, 10:12 PM EDT
go to vzam.net - once you get to the page that has the vzaccess on it, scroll down and step 2 has a link to the drivers.
6  out of 10 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
26. RE: HTC Diamond USB modem driver
Jul 2 2008, 2:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 2 2008, 2:37 PM EDT
"What do you mean by USB Driver? Are you talking about the syncing software? If so, you can get it from Microsoft's website. If you are using Windows XP, you need to download ActiveSync 4.5. If Windows Vista, you need Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1.

You can download ActiveSync 4.5 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/activesync45.mspx

Or Windows Mobile Device Center here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx"
The HTC SB modem driver is required to send SMS from your PC using outlook's 2003 plugin (mosa_usEN.exe). Activesync4.5 is good for synchronizing outlook details (calendar, note, tasks, emails etc) with your device, but without the driver your device is not recognized for sms sending. Please if anyone has tried it with the HTC diamond let us know.
4  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
27. RE: HTC Diamond USB modem driver
Jul 8 2008, 10:29 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 8 2008, 10:29 AM EDT
USB
4  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
28. RE: HTC Diamond USB modem driver
Jul 11 2008, 10:49 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 11 2008, 10:49 AM EDT
Thanks everyone, works fine, I was in the same boat looking for driver and file.
Telus network, HTC P4000, Start / Programs / IntShrUI ... PC Connection = USB, Network Connection = CDMA1X (or what ever you have listed) then plug into usb cable and click connect and thats all! up in 2 Minutes and fast!
Now to see what the bill is ... YiKeS!!

Gerald....

Anonymous
29. RE: HTC USB modem driver or getting started CD
Jul 23 2008, 5:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2008, 5:01 AM EDT
RE: HTC USB modem driver or getting started CD

Anonymous
30. RE: HTC USB modem driver or getting started CD
Sep 6 2008, 1:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 6 2008, 1:41 PM EDT
If anyone has the program or something please send it to me at [email protected] ASAP
0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
31. WARNING!!
Sep 12 2008, 7:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 12 2008, 7:57 PM EDT
The reason that they made it so hard to find this driver is because your phone service providers don't want you to use it. I managed to find one on the HTC european site, don't have an exact link, it was a long time ago. Anyway, my phone company charged me $30 per megabyte. I was on for about an hour and now owe $390 for 13 megs of transfer.
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
32. RE: HTC USB modem driver or getting started CD
Sep 22 2008, 8:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 22 2008, 8:31 PM EDT
hi guys i need your help! i tried usb and is says it is not manofactaning haw do i fix this proplem!

Anonymous
33. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
Sep 23 2008, 3:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 23 2008, 3:58 PM EDT
You people are absolutely retarded, after reading the first request I totally understand what this guy wants. Currently his computer doesn't recognize his phone as a device when he plugs it into the computer. He wants the driver to install on his computer so that when he plugs his phone in via USB to his computer, so that it will recognize it as a vx6800 or whatever model of phone he has. Get a clue.

Anonymous
34. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
Sep 24 2008, 11:04 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 24 2008, 11:04 AM EDT
Hi i also need the getting started cd if someone could email it to me at [email protected] i would greatly appreciate it
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
35. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
Sep 30 2008, 1:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2008, 1:15 PM EDT
Everything was working fine, then one day my computer started giving me an unrecognized USB device and would not let me sync my Sprint Touch on my XP SP3 computer using Active Sync 4.5 witht the USB sync cable. I tried on another XP box and also loaded the nerwer Win Mobile on my Vista machine with no success. I thought I needed a "USB Touch driver" to fix the issue as each PC did not recognized my Touch correctly and gave the USB unrecognized device error. Wrong. For some reason the normal USB cable DC0735 was not enough, when I instead first plugged in the "Two mini USB adapter" into my Touch AND then plugged the USB Sync cable into that, it connects and syncs like a charm. I don't know why ... but it works.

Anonymous
36. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
Oct 23 2008, 8:43 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 23 2008, 8:43 AM EDT
You are absolutely right and quite sharp. This is the real problem. However, now that the problem is correctly defined, can somebody offer a solution?

Anonymous
37. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
Oct 24 2008, 12:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 24 2008, 12:53 PM EDT
"You are absolutely right and quite sharp. This is the real problem. However, now that the problem is correctly defined, can somebody offer a solution?"
I'm Having the same problem, NE solutions
/ [email protected]
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
38. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
Oct 28 2008, 11:05 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2008, 11:05 PM EDT
I have a program that you can connect your ppc, in my case (HTC Touch) to a laptop or PC as a USB MODEM.Its real it works and my carrier doesnt charge me any extra cost to use it. Its a trial that works for 15 days but when that runs out you just reinstall it to your ppc and youre good for another 15 days. It is available for $2.50 (Paypal, Cash, Money Order etc.) It works great, I use it to connect to the Internet, Online gameplay, download movies and games. If you want this email me at [email protected] and you will be happy. I'll give you your $2.50 back if it doesnt make you happy. BTW: I only get a 921.6 kbs connection but it does everything I need and it doesnt cost me through my carrier. (TELUS for me) I read these posts and if you guys havent found it like I did by now then its gonna cost you through me but it works and I need the money so if youre serious email me and see if you like it yourself.
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
39. RE: HTC USB driver or getting started CD
Oct 28 2008, 11:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 28 2008, 11:27 PM EDT
"I have a program that you can connect your ppc, in my case (HTC Touch) to a laptop or PC as a USB MODEM.Its real it works and my carrier doesnt charge me any extra cost to use it. Its a trial that works for 15 days but when that runs out you just reinstall it to your ppc and youre good for another 15 days. It is available for $2.50 (Paypal, Cash, Money Order etc.) It works great, I use it to connect to the Internet, Online gameplay, download movies and games. If you want this email me at [email protected] and you will be happy. I'll give you your $2.50 back if it doesnt make you happy. BTW: I only get a 921.6 kbs connection but it does everything I need and it doesnt cost me through my carrier. (TELUS for me) I read these posts and if you guys havent found it like I did by now then its gonna cost you through me but it works and I need the money so if youre serious email me and see if you like it yourself."
finaly thank you sir i look for answer since january you help me it work good for me now god bless you
Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)