• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: 8125 Activesync via BluetoothThis is a featured thread

wbollig

wbollig
8125 Activesync via Bluetooth
Jan 6 2007, 2:32 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 6 2007, 2:32 PM EST
Does anyone know how to set this up? I have been trying for days, still no luck.
Thanks
7  out of 9 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
SergeyBarvinenko

SergeyBarvinenko
1. RE: 8125 Activesync via Bluetooth
Jan 7 2007, 7:20 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 7 2007, 7:20 AM EST
Hello
Run ActiveSynk on the phone and select command "Menu\3 Connection ..."
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
2. RE: 8125 Activesync via Bluetooth
Jan 25 2007, 7:46 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 25 2007, 7:46 PM EST
No, On my first 8525 I did it with out any hitches. But know Active Sync on my device conanstly tells me I have to Pair with a device that supports Active Sync. I dont have the option in ActiveSync to allowing any other connection besides USB, and I have Serial Port setup on my PC and my phone even says that "Serial Port" is a service provided by my PC's bluetooth settings.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
3. RE: 8125 Activesync via Bluetooth
May 23 2007, 1:20 PM EDT | Post edited: May 23 2007, 1:20 PM EDT
"No, On my first 8525 I did it with out any hitches. But know Active Sync on my device conanstly tells me I have to Pair with a device that supports Active Sync. I dont have the option in ActiveSync to allowing any other connection besides USB, and I have Serial Port setup on my PC and my phone even says that "Serial Port" is a service provided by my PC's bluetooth settings. "
I am having this same problem too, have you found a solution?

julianekg

julianekg
4. RE: 8125 Activesync via Bluetooth
Dec 23 2007, 2:30 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2007, 2:30 PM EST
Okay along this line. I just got the Tmobile shadow. I have heard that I can't install active sync with vista. What now? I can't even sync using bluetooth just usb and that just sucks. Any ideas?
Rainman76
Rainman76
5. RE: 8125 Activesync via Bluetooth
Dec 23 2007, 3:01 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 23 2007, 3:01 PM EST
"Okay along this line. I just got the Tmobile shadow. I have heard that I can't install active sync with vista. What now? I can't even sync using bluetooth just usb and that just sucks. Any ideas?"
You're right, you have to install Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1. Fortunately, WMDC does support syncing through Bluetooth. You can download it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx