• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: EmailThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
Email
Jan 3 2007, 11:46 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 3 2007, 11:46 PM EST
I can receive all emails...but I can't send any. Get an error that it can't recognize the email address. Has any encountered this problem. I am using a cox pop connection.
3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
icetoad

icetoad
1. RE: Email
Jan 16 2007, 10:41 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 16 2007, 10:41 PM EST
who's your service provider? if it's cingular just use cwmx.com for your outgoing email settings. Most email service providers now block remote sending of emails to keep the spammers from using their smtp servers.
5  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
tonyphone

tonyphone
2. RE: Email
Mar 28 2007, 11:20 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 28 2007, 11:20 AM EDT
"who's your service provider? if it's cingular just use cwmx.com for your outgoing email settings. Most email service providers now block remote sending of emails to keep the spammers from using their smtp servers."
when i put in cwmx.com i am no longer able to recieve emails, i get error message stating my setting are wrong, but when i use the same ingoing as outgoing i can recieve email, but not reply..
Do you find this valuable?    
amir216

amir216
3. RE: Email
Aug 28 2007, 1:57 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 28 2007, 1:57 PM EDT
"I can receive all emails...but I can't send any. Get an error that it can't recognize the email address. Has any encountered this problem. I am using a cox pop connection."
go to your email provider, get correct server address and PORT NUMBERS. If incoming is working fine dont bother it.... after you put the outgoing server adress in you have to put the port number.

example
smtp.att.yahoo.com:465

this is mine. i couldnt send either but it doesnt give you a choice to input the port number. this is how you add it to the end of the server address and it should work. it did for me :)
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?