• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: HTC Kernel Source - CDMAReported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

jamesterss
HTC Kernel Source - CDMA
Wednesday, 5:42 PM EST | Post edited: Wednesday, 5:42 PM EST
Please provide the link to the source for the kernel on the Sprint Hero.
This is not on http://developer.htc.com - that one is for GSM.
GNU license requires that HTC provide this when they provide the binary (or upon request), and I'm officially requesting that they give me the source for the binary on my phone.
Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
1. RE: HTC Kernel Source - CDMA
Wednesday, 6:49 PM EST | Post edited: Wednesday, 6:49 PM EST
"Please provide the link to the source for the kernel on the Sprint Hero.
This is not on http://developer.htc.com - that one is for GSM.
GNU license requires that HTC provide this when they provide the binary (or upon request), and I'm officially requesting that they give me the source for the binary on my phone."
This is a users forum, while it is endorsed by HTC, it has nothing to do with HTC. You will need to call HTC directly or write them a letter. Do you find this valuable?    

jamesterss
2. RE: HTC Kernel Source - CDMA
Wednesday, 7:09 PM EST | Post edited: Wednesday, 7:09 PM EST
"This is a users forum, while it is endorsed by HTC, it has nothing to do with HTC. You will need to call HTC directly or write them a letter."
I did ask HTC and they told me to come here... I'm just abiding by their requests before so as to be cooperative. Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
3. RE: HTC Kernel Source - CDMA
Wednesday, 9:11 PM EST | Post edited: Wednesday, 9:11 PM EST
"I did ask HTC and they told me to come here... I'm just abiding by their requests before so as to be cooperative."
Well unless someone personally has it and wants to share, no one here works for HTC. Like I said it is a users forum. Did you just call customer service and ask for help or did you outline your request like you did above . Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)