• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: HTC loading bugReported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 post

smirch
HTC loading bug
Thursday, 7:49 AM EST | Post edited: Thursday, 7:49 AM EST
I have HTC Pocket Pc. Not exactly sure, which model (maybe TyTN), but that doesn't matter. Here is the picture - http://www.mobilewhack.com/images/htc_herm200_pocket_pc_phone_fcc.jpg

The problem is - it is not loading any more. Phones battery discharged normal way (after couple days using it without charging), I connected it to PC with USB cable and no reaction. PC doesn't recognize any USB device attached and HTC shows no life at all.

It can't be battery problem, because it was working well (~2 days from one charge). The strangest thig - I had other HTC (it was named Qtek then) Pocket Pc year ago and the same thing happened - after battery running down the phone was dead.
Maybe it is some kind of specific HTC bug, which allows batery to load only, if Windows Mobile OS is working (that means - phone is turned on)? I know that mostly people are charging Pocket PCs all the time (when they are near PC), but it couldn't be possible that phone is dead immediately after battery discharging. Or it could be?

It would be nice to get any advice, what to do in this situation. Have already tried the following:
* removing and inserting the battery
* different PCs
* different USB cables

Soft/hard reset doesn't work, that is - no reaction to these actions.

Thanks
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: HTC

Sign in to be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)