• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Syncing your Hero when you had Palm smartphone.Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 post

KennethA.George
Syncing your Hero when you had the Palm Centro smartphone.
Saturday, 12:24 PM EST | Post edited: Saturday, 12:28 PM EST
Recently buying the Hero I had the Palm Centro previoulsly. I spent a half day attempting to get my Hero to Sync up with my computer wthout success. To make a long story short if you have having problems do this:

1. Make sure you have the latest software HTC Sync 2.0.8. My phone had HTC Sync 1.0.1 you can get this from htcwiki.com
2. Make sure you have uninstalled any and all Palm software including hotsync and Palm Desktop. For some reason these 2 programs dont play nice in the same hard drive.
3. Un-install any HTC software you may installed and the Drivers then disable your firewall.
4. Re-boot your computer and phone by turning it off, pull the battery, put it back in, and turn it on
5. Once everything is back up and running install the latest HTC software.
6. Once installed plug in your phone, it will take a few minutes but it should recognize it finally and prompt you to sync your phone.
7. One additional step if this does not work, go into your computer menu and go to start, control panel, add/remove hardware. Once you are there; do an auto scan for your your phone. Look for HTC android and activate it. I didnt have to go this far but it may be needed.
8. Re-enable your firewall and you should be good.

This will save you 4 hours of frustration and phone calls to HTC who keep telling you to try this and call back if it does not work, like a Dr. prescribing aspirin. GOOD LUCK

As far as the phone the jury is still out as to whether I like it or not.
Do you find this valuable?    

Sign in to be the first to reply.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)