• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Questions about the HTC Touch Pro 2Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

RJL_web
Questions about the HTC Touch Pro 2
Nov 21 2009, 11:24 AM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 11:24 AM EST
I'm a new user of HTC Touch Pro 2 (Verizon). I have a bunch of questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1) Windows media player - I like to listen to recorded books. When I downloaded a book onto the TP2, everything worked fine until I got about 6 hours into the book, then the file kept returning to the beginning. When I tried using the control bar at the bottom of thewindows Media Player interface to return to the spot where I left off, the pointer jumped to random places (but never forward of the original spot where the recording stopped). Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm not using a memory card. Would storing the file (~ 180 MB) on a memory card fix this?

Can I use a different media player instead of the Windows Media Player -- the interface is awkward in that software.

2) Will aftermarket/generic accessories work with the HTC TP2, e.g., an extra USB cable? Also, Verizon won't a combination USB cable and wall charger -- like the one that came with the phone. Does anyone know where to get one?

3) Does anyone have a recommendation for a screen protector for this particular phone?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: HTC Pro2 Touch Verizon
PWRDbyTRD
PWRDbyTRD
1. RE: Questions about the HTC Touch Pro 2
Nov 21 2009, 8:44 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 21 2009, 8:44 PM EST
1. Get Coreplayer
2. Contact HTC accessories, 800-229-1235 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST.
3. Seidio offers screen protectors, cases, etc. www.seidio.com
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

RJL_web
2. RE: Questions about the HTC Touch Pro 2
Monday, 10:50 AM EST | Post edited: Monday, 10:50 AM EST
"1. Get Coreplayer
2. Contact HTC accessories, 800-229-1235 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm EST.
3. Seidio offers screen protectors, cases, etc. www.seidio.com"
That info is very helpful. Thanks.

One more question. Can the HTC Touch Pro 2 be used as source of music for a stereo system, boom box or iHome? That is, can I treat it as through it is an mp3 player? If so, what sort of cable (and software?) do I need to connect it to external speakers?

Thanks!
Do you find this valuable?    
PWRDbyTRD
PWRDbyTRD
3. RE: Questions about the HTC Touch Pro 2
Monday, 1:10 PM EST | Post edited: Monday, 1:10 PM EST
I use my Touch Pro2 for this purpose all the time. My Touch Pro2 for Verizon sports a 3.5mm jack so I use a 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable to plug it into the phone and the other end into the aux jack on whatever unit I'm using. When I use my Tilt2 or my older Touch Pro which doesn't support a 3.5mm jack I use the same cable but use the multi-function audio adapter HTC offers. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)