• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: maarteneestermansReported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

maarteneestermans
RSS Hub and MSN Messenger doesn't work (But Internet,weather... works)
Sep 28 2009, 8:41 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 28 2009, 8:56 AM EDT
I think I should make a donation to this website lol.....because I need assistance again.....

Since I tried to make a vpn network everything got a little bit screwed up. I've redownloaded now my settings from my operator.

When I connect to my wifi network:
Is working-> Internet , email (receiving AND sending is also ok now, because I added the right port), weather, stocks
Is not working anymore->msn messenger and rss hub

When I try to login in msn it says "A problem occured with the connection of the phone, check if the phone has good range and try again" But I have excellent range..

When I try to update the rss channels or the entire hub, it says on the top ''problem occured on last update" if you click on that, you read this "there has been an error downloading the channeldata: An internet connection could not be established. Connect the phone to the network and try again"

I've read to put ''uses proxy server'' setting off to get messenger working. But it isn't helping.

Please someone??? I want to get my phone fully functional again! (the only problem I had, was not sending mail...now I can send mail, but more isn't working...).

Thanks in advance!!

Ps: I tried the following, I connect the phone with usb to my pc. And Normally I can use my browser or other internet-things. But even now, my rss hub and messenger can't connect. While my browser,weather,stocks can!
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: RSS Hub and MSN Messenger doesn't work (But Internet,weather... works)
Sep 30 2009, 12:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2009, 12:10 PM EDT
"I think I should make a donation to this website lol.....because I need assistance again.....

Since I tried to make a vpn network everything got a little bit screwed up. I've redownloaded now my settings from my operator.

When I connect to my wifi network:
Is working-> Internet , email (receiving AND sending is also ok now, because I added the right port), weather, stocks
Is not working anymore->msn messenger and rss hub

When I try to login in msn it says "A problem occured with the connection of the phone, check if the phone has good range and try again" But I have excellent range..

When I try to update the rss channels or the entire hub, it says on the top ''problem occured on last update" if you click on that, you read this "there has been an error downloading the channeldata: An internet connection could not be established. Connect the phone to the network and try again"

I've read to put ''uses proxy server'' setting off to get messenger working. But it isn't helping.

Please someone??? I want to get my phone fully functional again! (the only problem I had, was not sending mail...now I can send mail, but more isn't working...).

Thanks in advance!!

Ps: I tried the following, I connect the phone with usb to my pc. And Normally I can use my browser or other internet-things. But even now, my rss hub and messenger can't connect. While my browser,weather,stocks can!
"
Sounds like your connection settings are hosed. Best bet is to delete ALL data connections/settings and then create a new one. Do you find this valuable?    

maarteneestermans
2. RE: RSS Hub and MSN Messenger doesn't work (But Internet,weather... works)
Sep 30 2009, 1:41 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 30 2009, 1:41 PM EDT
I tried to make a new connection in the tab ''connections''....I didn't fill put any settings into it...only ''proxyserver off'' (for msn). I don't need to put any other settings in, because it's an wifi network so.....

Is this what you mean?
Because I don't know exactly what you mean with ''data connections''... Where can I find these settings?
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: RSS Hub and MSN Messenger doesn't work (But Internet,weather... works)
Oct 1 2009, 5:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 1 2009, 5:02 PM EDT
"I tried to make a new connection in the tab ''connections''....I didn't fill put any settings into it...only ''proxyserver off'' (for msn). I don't need to put any other settings in, because it's an wifi network so.....

Is this what you mean?
Because I don't know exactly what you mean with ''data connections''... Where can I find these settings?"
MSN Messenger isnt supported via WiFi, the client defaults to the Carriers data connection.
What device do you have? on most devices, if you connect to WiFi, you dont need to change anything to get connected and use the Internet (of course not all apps that come on the device will use the WiFi connection)
For WiFi, you dont need to cahnge any of your connections settings since those are only relevant to GPRS/CDMA and not WiFi.

maarteneestermans
4. RE: RSS Hub and MSN Messenger doesn't work (But Internet,weather... works)
Oct 2 2009, 12:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 2 2009, 12:00 PM EDT
Euhm....I have Windows Live Messenger and not msn messenger (I think it's not the same). And this IS compatible via Wifi. I'm sure of this, because it has been working before....

Still there is something wrong..or bugged....Because it seems those programs (messenger and rss feeds) are not working... AND I tried to use my skype...and that is working threw my wifi...(and like I said before, email;weather is working too)

Still msn...keeps saying ''check connection....'' and rss feeds keep saying ''can't make a connection with your current settings''....

You could say...your messenger is corrupted...but why is my rss feeds then not working? It's from htc itself I guess....

I have a HTC Touch Diamond 2, I have the latest rom installed, and all the fixes from HTC that were needed for me.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)