• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Contact-filterReported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

maarteneestermans
Contact-filter
Sep 18 2009, 10:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2009, 10:11 AM EDT
Hello,
I have the following problem. All my msn contacts show up in my phonebook. I categorized all my msn contacts as ''msn'' and my phone contacts as ''contacts''. I can use the filter for ''contacts''. Then It's perfect again. BUT when I exit my phonebook and go back in...the filter is back off !! So I need to put it on every time I need a contact...This is very inconvieniant....

Is there a fix for this? Or can I do something in the registry to fix this or something? I just need the filter to stay on!! Except when I say to turn it off!

(removing contacts is also not an option...because my msn contacts also will be deleted)
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: contacts diamond 2 filter msn
talontsi07
talontsi07
1. RE: Contact-filter
Sep 18 2009, 7:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2009, 7:30 PM EDT
You can set msn to not sync contacts...is that a option? Do you find this valuable?    

maarteneestermans
2. RE: Contact-filter
Sep 19 2009, 6:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 19 2009, 6:36 AM EDT
No that is not an option.

But I solved it on a very time-consuming way. I gave all my msn contacts a name. Then for all the duplicate contacts in my phone book and msn list. I added ''IM adress'' to the field of the phone contact, and deleted the msn contact.

Then I saw msn still didn't add the person. Only it's emailadres. This is because the IM field in outlook is another than in msn.

So I then copied every mailingadress in the msn list to the field ''messenger adress'' BUT IN THE SAME CONTACT. Now I have a cleaned up adressbook.

I hope this helps...

It took me 1 hour:)
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)