• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Fuze wont load .cab files & I cant connect to windows update serverReported This is a featured thread

Showing 2 posts

vixy412
Fuze wont load .cab files & I cant connect to windows update server
Jun 24 2009, 3:53 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 24 2009, 3:53 PM EDT
I downloaded 3 different .cab files and my Fuze doesn't want to install any of them. I get a message that says the file can't be installed, try another location. I have tried installing to both my phone memory & the SD card...same message either way.

also, my windows update says the update server is unavailable and to check the phones data connection settings & date/time - all of which are set correctly.

AT&T's solution was that I need to get a different phone - ive had it less than a month. They think that it just isn't accepting downloads. It downloads the files fine, it just won't install them. I'm new to the smartphone world so hoping someone out there has had this problem & knows how to fix it.

any ideas? thanks in advance
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: Fuze wont load .cab files & I cant connect to windows update server
Jun 25 2009, 4:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Jun 25 2009, 4:37 PM EDT
"I downloaded 3 different .cab files and my Fuze doesn't want to install any of them. I get a message that says the file can't be installed, try another location. I have tried installing to both my phone memory & the SD card...same message either way.

also, my windows update says the update server is unavailable and to check the phones data connection settings & date/time - all of which are set correctly.

AT&T's solution was that I need to get a different phone - ive had it less than a month. They think that it just isn't accepting downloads. It downloads the files fine, it just won't install them. I'm new to the smartphone world so hoping someone out there has had this problem & knows how to fix it.

any ideas? thanks in advance"
What cab files are you trying to install and where did you get them from?
In regards to Windows Update, it wont connect. Windows Update is a default part of WM however, the version you have is for AT&T which has been modified to meet AT&T's requirements. This means that any generic update the MS releases will not work for your device and can cause issues so rather than allowing this to happen, the device isnt allowed to connect to get the updates.
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)