• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: still cant connect to the internet...This is a featured thread

vickidiaz
vickidiaz
still cant connect to the internet...
Jan 9 2009, 4:06 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 9 2009, 4:06 AM EST
when i try to connect using IE i get a msg saying ERROR The remote party has ended this connection.

i get that no matter what address i try to go to...??? plz help...
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: still cant connect to the internet...
Jan 13 2009, 6:34 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 13 2009, 6:34 PM EST
"when i try to connect using IE i get a msg saying ERROR The remote party has ended this connection.

i get that no matter what address i try to go to...??? plz help..."
This is usually the error message you get when you have incorrect data settings or have data access restricted by your carrier.
Here is what your data settings should be on the TMO Dash (Start>Settings>Connections>GPRS>T-Mobile Data):
Connects to: The Internet
APN: wap.voicestream.com
Userid: Blank
Password: Blank
Domain: Blank
Primary DNS: Blank
Secondary DNS: Blank
IP Address: Blank
vickidiaz
vickidiaz
2. RE: still cant connect to the internet...
Jan 14 2009, 4:39 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 4:39 AM EST
"when i try to connect using IE i get a msg saying ERROR The remote party has ended this connection.

i get that no matter what address i try to go to...??? plz help..."
Hi, I do have the setting that you recommended - buy the T-Mobile Data isn't the only one... I have these/in this order...
Start>Settings>Connections>GPRS>
1.NEW
2. T-Mo WEB
3. T-Mobile Data
4. T-Mobile MMS
5. T- Zones

I have the 5.99 internet access deal w/ T-moble, and it worked great with my razr v3 then i switched to this dash and no internet no t-zones .... nada!
browntannis
browntannis
3. RE: still cant connect to the internet...
Jan 14 2009, 10:03 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 14 2009, 10:03 AM EST
"Hi, I do have the setting that you recommended - buy the T-Mobile Data isn't the only one... I have these/in this order...
Start>Settings>Connections>GPRS>
1.NEW
2. T-Mo WEB
3. T-Mobile Data
4. T-Mobile MMS
5. T- Zones

I have the 5.99 internet access deal w/ T-moble, and it worked great with my razr v3 then i switched to this dash and no internet no t-zones .... nada!"
Not sure what the Web is for but tzones is for TMO wifi and you should have a stub app for this and not need those settings....
Another thing to check is the connection settings for Internet Explorer; there is a connection setting under Menu in Internet Explorer, make sure that it is set to the TMO Data.

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)