• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: issue to upgrade WM 6.1 in my TYTN IIThis is a featured thread

Anonymous
issue to upgrade WM 6.1 in my TYTN II
Nov 23 2008, 10:08 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 23 2008, 10:08 PM EST
Im having some issue, i cant download the WM 6.1, every time i try to download the WM 6.1 in the website it ask me for the serial number, when i put the serial that i have on my cel i receive this message: "Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device." i try to download the software changing the country and and did it, but it doesn't work, can somebody tell me what do i have to do to upgrade my WM???
1  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: None
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: issue to upgrade WM 6.1 in my TYTN II
Nov 25 2008, 7:57 PM EST | Post edited: Nov 25 2008, 7:57 PM EST
"Im having some issue, i cant download the WM 6.1, every time i try to download the WM 6.1 in the website it ask me for the serial number, when i put the serial that i have on my cel i receive this message: "Sorry, this software download is not suitable for your device." i try to download the software changing the country and and did it, but it doesn't work, can somebody tell me what do i have to do to upgrade my WM???"
You need to make sure that you are looking for the download on the webssite for the country that you device is intended for otherwise, you will get the message that the software download isnt for your device.
Do you find this valuable?    
mayuran_8
mayuran_8
2. RE: issue to upgrade WM 6.1 in my TYTN II
Dec 7 2008, 12:49 PM EST | Post edited: Dec 7 2008, 12:49 PM EST
If you call HTC and give them your IMEI number they will tell you your country, and will also provide you with the serial number (NOTE: the serial number is not the same number that you find on your phone, HTC would have to give it to you) Contact HTC tech support for better assistance with this matter! Best of luck!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
3. RE: issue to upgrade WM 6.1 in my TYTN II
Jan 2 2009, 2:09 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 2 2009, 2:09 PM EST
I had The same problem an message. it turned out phone providers use their own " tweaked" version of the rom o/s and Orange UK especially are guilty of this. Which means that if you have a phone provider branded device you would need to contact your providers website to see if an upgrade is available. I downloaded my upgrade from the orange website. Though I would seriously consider not bothering as the upgrade did some annoying things with my tytn II and it apparantly went on perfectly.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?