• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: I really do wish they would use a full version of WM6This is a featured thread

Anonymous
I really do wish they would use a full version of WM6
Feb 18 2008, 11:37 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 18 2008, 11:37 PM EST
I was so excited to buy this device until I found out that it will not be using a full version of WM6. WM6 combined with vista was the primary reason I wanted this device. I had imagined using this device almost exclusively with WM6...I can take notes in class using pocket Work, edit time sheets with excel, browse the internet with opera mobile...all the stuff I usually do while having the battery last 7 days! ( not to mention all the cool free WM6 programs) then on those times I need full PC usage, I can boot up vista get it taken care of then shut it down again! I was sooo pumped. Ever since the original DuoCore UMPC was hyped I wanted wanted one of these devices with a keyboard...I have a Tilt and Love it...but I cravy more power, bigger screen/key pad and full pc functionality when I need it. Guess I will end up getting the HTC Adavantage and combine it with a laptop/desktop.
5  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
1. RE: I really do wish they would use a full version of WM6
Mar 25 2008, 10:36 AM EDT | Post edited: Mar 25 2008, 10:36 AM EDT
add the functionality yourself with this video guide http://www.modaco.com/content/Windows-Mobile-News/266537/Liberate-your-HTC-Shift/
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)