• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: TILT 2 .wav VOIP filesReported This is a featured thread

Showing 6 posts

Nancy1333
TILT 2 .wav VOIP files
Sunday, 1:30 PM EST | Post edited: Sunday, 1:30 PM EST
HTC cannot play VOIP .wav voice message files that come in with my email messages. HTC support said they are aware of this problem. My windows 6.5 phone will play music .wav files, just not VOIP .wav files.

Does anyone know of any third party applications or work arounds for this issue? thanks!
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Dr.Jello
Dr.Jello
1. RE: TILT 2 .wav VOIP files
Sunday, 2:24 PM EST | Post edited: Sunday, 2:24 PM EST
Are you downloading the file then playing it? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Nancy1333
2. RE: TILT 2 .wav VOIP files
Sunday, 3:12 PM EST | Post edited: Sunday, 3:12 PM EST
yes, I am downloading it - I have VOIP and I have selected to get copies of my voice messages thru email - so it comes in attached to my email message. I download it, then the icon changes to a windows media icon. but it doesnt play and gives an erros like "invalid media type".

I have tried to copy the .wav files to my microSD card and it still doesnt play.

HTC support told me its a known issue that all HTC devices will not play VOIP messages because they arrive in a different format, even though they are .wav files - regular music .wav files do play fine. I wish they would do something about this.

This is very frustrating and you'd think a programmer would fix this...

He mentioned there might be third party applications that might work but he couldnt say because they cannot support them.

Because the TILT2 just came out thru AT&T I seem to be finding all sorts of bugs that no one is aware of yet. AT&T had no clue that VOIP .wav files could not work with HTC phones.

IDEAS??????? thanks.......
Dr.Jello
Dr.Jello
3. RE: TILT 2 .wav VOIP files
Today, 12:15 AM EST | Post edited: Today, 12:15 AM EST
there are different .wav formats, windows mobile will not play all of them, Someday hopefully Microsoft will include more formats for that file extension.

Try this.

http://coreplayer.com/content/view/28/69/

Nancy1333
4. RE: TILT 2 .wav VOIP files
Today, 6:21 AM EST | Post edited: Today, 6:21 AM EST
still hoping to maybe find a 3rd party app that will play the voip .wav files that come in attached to my email messages... it shouldn't be that difficult to do... so frustrating... HTC support told me its only an issue with all HTC phones and not a microsoft issue.... Do you find this valuable?    
Dr.Jello
Dr.Jello
5. RE: TILT 2 .wav VOIP files
Today, 8:33 AM EST | Post edited: Today, 8:33 AM EST
did the core player work? Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)