• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: Touch Pro 2 re-starting or turning off when closing keyboard slide.Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts
seventhsinner
seventhsinner
Touch Pro 2 re-starting or turning off when closing keyboard slide.
Sep 18 2009, 8:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2009, 8:02 AM EDT
Does anybody else experience the annoying habit of the phone either re-booting or turning off when closing the keyboard slide..?? Any ideas how to stop this..?? I can't find a particular set of actions preceeding this happening, but I think it happens mostly after reading/editing and sending emails or sms (which is what the keyboard is for..!!). Do you find this valuable?    

stronggeek
1. RE: Touch Pro 2 re-starting or turning off when closing keyboard slide.
Sep 18 2009, 8:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 18 2009, 8:59 PM EDT
I have an similar issue. I've had mine for 3 days (verizon). Mine freezes if I begin a text in portrait and then switch to landscape to use the keyboard. A soft reset is the only way out. Having to remove that cover is a big every time PITA!

May have to opt for a new one.
Do you find this valuable?    
mobius7107
mobius7107
2. RE: Touch Pro 2 re-starting or turning off when closing keyboard slide.
Oct 14 2009, 7:26 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 7:26 AM EDT
the problems i m getting on my sprint TP2 is that twice the power button and volume controls stopped working, another one i got was where the screen just went dark on screen. i know it was still on because i opened the keyboard and the mechanical sound played. Haven't done any changes to it and i only have had the phone for 2 days, and does anyone else think that the stylus and the back cover come into conflict when you put it back on after taking it off. Do you find this valuable?    
seventhsinner
seventhsinner
3. RE: Touch Pro 2 re-starting or turning off when closing keyboard slide.
Oct 14 2009, 8:10 AM EDT | Post edited: Oct 14 2009, 8:10 AM EDT
Ok guys..update for my problem..it got worse and worse and was turning off for no reason at all..eventually got it replaced as faulty as it was only three weeks old. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)