• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: try sending one sms, sends multiple. Touch Pro 2Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 4 posts

martiert
try sending one sms, sends multiple. Touch Pro 2
Jul 22 2009, 2:30 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 22 2009, 2:30 AM EDT
I have a Touch Pro 2, and when I try sending one sms, the reciever often recieves many of the same. Have anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking a reset could fix this, but really don't want to reset my phone if I can avoid it.

Also, how do you add more cities to the weather applet, the list don't have all the cities I want. So I guess I'll have to download some, but how and where?
Do you find this valuable?    
Keyword tags: sms Touch Pro 2 weather
k_morrison
k_morrison
1. RE: try sending one sms, sends multiple. Touch Pro 2
Jul 22 2009, 10:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 22 2009, 10:47 AM EDT
I can't speak for the weather application but usually if you send 1 sms and the person receiving it gets multiple copies, it's usually a problem with the carrier.

I've had the same problem with my carrier both when sending and receiving sms messages from others. Talk to your carrier about it There's usually a glitch in the system that duplicates your message.
Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: try sending one sms, sends multiple. Touch Pro 2
Jul 22 2009, 11:51 AM EDT | Post edited: Jul 22 2009, 11:51 AM EDT
"I have a Touch Pro 2, and when I try sending one sms, the reciever often recieves many of the same. Have anyone else had this problem? I'm thinking a reset could fix this, but really don't want to reset my phone if I can avoid it.

Also, how do you add more cities to the weather applet, the list don't have all the cities I want. So I guess I'll have to download some, but how and where?"
Does the message show as sent on your device mutliple times or only once? Do you find this valuable?    

martiert
3. RE: try sending one sms, sends multiple. Touch Pro 2
Jul 22 2009, 1:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 22 2009, 1:38 PM EDT
It only show as sent once. But on another phone, with the same sim, it's only sent once. Weird. Do you find this valuable?