• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: HTC Diamond and AT&T (850 MHz)Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 3 posts

abizarvakharia
HTC Diamond and AT&T (850 MHz)
Jul 23 2008, 1:34 PM EDT | Post edited: Jul 23 2008, 1:34 PM EDT
Just got my Diamond and am getting pretty poor reception in Austin, Texas. Apparently there is a version of the ROM available that has 850MHz support - any help with where I can find the file please?

Thanks in advance.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: ROM Upgrade
fernando19
fernando19
1. RE: HTC Diamond and AT&T (850 MHz)
Aug 1 2008, 5:13 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 1 2008, 5:13 PM EDT
"Any help with where I can find the file please?"
you've got to register your phone on HTC E-Club. After done it, you go in http://www.htc.com/member/RomDetail.aspx?cat=133, search in there for update rom, download it, pay attention in all those instructions, and install it on your phone. Any doubt which pop up make contact. Do you find this valuable?    

abizarvakharia
2. RE: HTC Diamond and AT&T (850 MHz)
Aug 4 2008, 8:06 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 4 2008, 8:06 AM EDT
Thanks for the information... I spend an hour with support after I upgraded the ROM (coverage still not useable.). He explained they removed 850Mhz support from the "offical" ROM on their site as they were seeing some "technical issues" but of course they did not rev the dirver # etc. :(

I wonder if anyone has a version they would post (or e-mail ) that as the 850MHz radio support?

Thanks, Abizar ([email protected])
Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)