• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Keyboard backlight?

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Keyboard backlight?
Nov 16 2007, 10:19 PM EST
Not on mine... Surely some error? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Keyboard backlight?
Jan 13 2008, 7:10 PM EST
yes it does. I got my phone a couple of days ago, and my keyboard backlight stoped working. but it does have one Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 30 2008, 9:29 AM EST
I thought mine stopped working too but I think it has a photo eye somewhere that only turns it on in dark light. Try is and see what happens. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
hscohen

hscohen
Jan 30 2008, 3:09 PM EST
I'd love to have a backlight on the hardware keyboard. In the dark I either hold my mini-flashlight in my mouth or peck the screen keyboard with the stylus.
It's droll that two respondents are certain there is a keyboard backlight but can't actually make it work.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 12 2008, 2:25 PM EST
Mine does have a lit keyboard as well. Sometimes mine won't work, but I have noticed that if I wait for about 2-3 seconds it will light up. Possible a timing to touch keyboard setting of some sort? Do you find this valuable?    
UniversalCitizen

UniversalCitizen
RE: Keyboard backlight? - not on my 7501
Feb 14 2008, 7:01 PM EST
No Backlight - it even says so in the reviews and it really is a missing. It would have been so easy to add. I have to say, between the continual freezing up even after the ROM upgrade, the lack of ability to skin it without adding instability, and the size and slowness of the device, I am severely disappointed with my purchase. Windows Mobile 6 is a joke and Microsoft deserves to be sued out of existence for their continual lies about how much you can do with it. My experience is its all crap. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 26 2008, 9:06 AM EDT
"I thought mine stopped working too but I think it has a photo eye somewhere that only turns it on in dark light. Try is and see what happens."
I took your advice and carried my 6800 into a dark room. Sure enough, the keyboard backlight came on. Now the problem is that it really has to be dark to make it work ,and I can't find any documentation of this feature. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 31 2008, 12:44 PM EDT
All, The photo sensor is just to the left of the Q key. If you place your thumb over it and press a key the backlight will come on. Now....how do you get it to stay on? Sometimes when I pause for a couple seconds the backlight will turn off. I would love for it to stay on for a few more seconds. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
itxy
itxy
Nov 19 2008, 6:55 PM EST
anyone tech out there knows how to keep the backlight on external keyboard on longer then 5 sec thats the default it not dont on the battery power icon i also done regedit on the console deisply back light external keyboard light changed to 45 sec any suggestions Do you find this valuable?    
itxy
itxy
RE: Keyboard backlight for a sprint htc touch diamond pro
Nov 19 2008, 6:56 PM EST
anyone tech out there knows how to keep the backlight on external keyboard on longer then 5 sec thats the default it not dont on the battery power icon i also done regedit on the console deisply back light external keyboard light changed to 45 sec any suggestions 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
itxy
itxy
Nov 19 2008, 7:04 PM EST
the photo sensor is not the issue it just cuts out after five sec. i got a new phone and it does the same thing sprint informs me that its working ok and thats the default 5 sec stupid in a dark room it just cuts out. so i tried to canging registery value as noted above i went to console,backlight, the external keboard light and changed the dec value to 45 and other number nothing worked any ideas. this is also my 6 th smartphone so please its not in manual anyone out there that can help. but this is my guess there is a back light exe. that runs which i seen in registery do you think this exe would override what im doing to registery Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 29 2008, 3:49 PM EST
I figured out how to change the keyboard backlight timeout. I downloaded Total commander 2.51 from ghisler.com, then navigated in the registry to
HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\QKeyLedTimeout
and set the value to 30, changing the backlight duration to 30 seconds.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
itxy
itxy
Nov 29 2008, 6:38 PM EST
"I figured out how to change the keyboard backlight timeout. I downloaded Total commander 2.51 from ghisler.com, then navigated in the registry to
HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\QKeyLedTimeout
and set the value to 30, changing the backlight duration to 30 seconds."
i have done that already but done it again id did not work that is i set the registry value correctly reset the phone soft reset does the same thing backlight for keyboard external off in five seconds. the i rechecked the registery value it was correctly set for 30 i have set this value before to 90 and 45 same results thank you for trying but any other suggestions do you have an htc pro and if so are you experinceing same problem Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Friday, 1:43 AM EST
I thought the same thing, but what I found is that the backlight will stay light until either, A: The value of QKeyLedTimeout is met or B: the display's backlight dims. You can check this by making sure the backlight of the display doesn't dim and the keyboard should stay lit until it times out. Hope that helps... Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors