• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Skype on a P4000?

Keyword tags: P4000 Skype wm6
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

JGV
JGV
Skype on a P4000?
Nov 15 2007, 6:11 PM EST
I have tried a couple times to get Skype on my P4000. It is running Win Mobile Pro 6. Has anyone been able to do this? Or is it me? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Skype on a P4000?
Nov 16 2007, 5:31 PM EST
It's a known problem. I wanted to do the same, but it doesn't work. Some people can't even get it to install, others it won't pickup sounds. If you google it, you'll find many discussions on it. 3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
Soundy

Soundy
Feb 12 2008, 3:53 AM EST
I've got it to install and run; it can dial and I get the dialing sound effect, but no actually voice communication. This is a known limitation with the processor in this phone (and in the S720 I had previously). According to Skype:

---------------
This device has CPU with ARM v4 instruction set. Unfortunately it is incompatible with Skype for Mobile 2.2 voice calling.

Only the chat function is working on that device with Skype for Mobile 2.2 at the moment.

You can read in more detail about that problem from http://support.skype.com/index.php? a=knowledgebase& j=questiondetails& i=980

Our development team is working hard to make Skype for Mobile compatible with more and more devices.

Please keep an eye on newer Skype for Mobile versions at our web page: http://skype.com/intl/en/download/skype/mobile/

We apologise for the inconvenience, but for the moment only chat functionality is supported
---------------

So... keep checking back until an update appears, I guess!
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 21 2008, 12:53 PM EST
I'm hoping this is resolved soon as I only chose this phone over the others available because it was supposed to be Skype compatible. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)