• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: 8125Touch Screen Problems a design flaw please reply 2 get HTC 2notice

Keyword tags: 8100 8125 A9100 Cingular cingular 8125 qtek qwerty smartphone reviews
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

richbutler1

richbutler1
8125Touch Screen Problems a design flaw please reply 2 get HTC 2notice
Nov 14 2007, 7:34 PM EST
I have spent a boat load of money on this 8125, and like many others have had the touch screen completely fail. I am also not the only one unfortunately out of warranty. Hundreds of others found while googling my problem. Please post a reply here to let them know you are not alone. If they do not make this right we should get together and begin a class action lawsuit. Even though I'm not litigious and not a huge lawyer fan, this is just NOT right. Any lawyers out there interested, let me know: richbutler1 *** at *** yahoo *** com *** 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: 8125Touch Screen Problems a design flaw please reply 2 get HTC 2no
Dec 24 2007, 9:07 AM EST
Regarding 8125 Touch Screen, on my first phone, the touch screen function failed after 4 months. The touch screen just failed on the 2nd phone after 6 months. I'll be headed to the service center to get a 3rd phone because I'm still within the 12 month warranty period. This model phone is a piece of junk Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Dec 24 2007, 12:05 PM EST
"Regarding 8125 Touch Screen, on my first phone, the touch screen function failed after 4 months. The touch screen just failed on the 2nd phone after 6 months. I'll be headed to the service center to get a 3rd phone because I'm still within the 12 month warranty period. This model phone is a piece of junk"
What are the details of the failure? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 25 2007, 11:09 AM EST
The touchscreen has completely died. It does not function at all when closed or in open position. My problem is NOT the alignment issue noted by some others here. I am forced to use the keyboard for all functions. This will be the last HTC based product I buy unless someone there makes it right. I have not abused or dropped it either. I'm an IT professional and this is definitely a design flaw around the the touchscreen connection in some way based on the feedback from others here and elsewhere on the internet. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: 8125Touch Screen Problems a design flaw please reply 2 get HTC 2notice
Jan 29 2008, 11:13 PM EST
We had two phones replaces 3 times, I think I need to ask for a better alternative.
Rob P
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: 8125Touch Screen Problems a design flaw please reply 2 get HTC 2notice
Feb 6 2008, 1:12 PM EST
I also have had the touch screen fail and again just one month past the warranty period. I hate most class-action, but in this case would be interested in some recourse for this issue since it seems to be an unsupported problem by HTC. I like the phone's design, but it is a piece of junk. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 11 2008, 9:04 PM EST
I have HTC MDA (Insurance replacement) that I've had for about 6 months. It fades to white and becomes unresponsive. Had the same screen problems with two (2) prior MDA's which I received replacement units. Love the Phone but hate the screen reliability! I am with another carrier and not sure if insurance will even address the issue ? I find myself with a great idea for a phone but lack of reliability. I dont know if there is a solution for the problem but will not buy another HTC phone! Will go with a "RELIABLE" manufacturer this time...regardless of the cost. Too bad...great idea but bad execution and product !!! Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)