• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issuesThis is a featured thread

Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next
jsbarnes1002

jsbarnes1002
60. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Jan 18 2008, 10:15 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2008, 10:15 PM EST
I'm having this problem. When making a call, the screen dims after 10 seconds then goes into hibernation after 14. Did you solve this problem?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
61. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Jan 18 2008, 11:17 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 18 2008, 11:17 PM EST
"I'm having this problem. When making a call, the screen dims after 10 seconds then goes into hibernation after 14. Did you solve this problem?"
Download link: http://rapidshare.com/files/81514292/KaiserTweak.zip
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
62. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Jan 20 2008, 12:48 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 20 2008, 12:48 PM EST
"Are you using the included WIndows Media Player? If so, you can assigne a button on your phone to turn off the screen while listening to music. I personally am using the HTC Audio Manager that came with the HTC TyTN II. It allows me to turn off the screen using the power button and will still play music when I do that."
Thanks! I have installed the Audio Manager (and the TouchCube) . Works very well.

Anonymous
63. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Jan 26 2008, 8:12 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 26 2008, 8:12 PM EST
Just got my tilt 2 days ago. I am a att&t customer and I have an out of the box tilt. i have not a single thing to it. Mine goes into "deep sleep" mode and I have to power it back on. It gets no calls or messages. i read about the tweak, but why do I have to tweak a new device to get it to work? I didn't buy a truck and then have all the electronics replaced by a third party because my engine just turns off whenever it feels like it. I added a 2 gig sim card from Kingston today.... before reading this thread. You guys have really bummed me out. I thought for sure I had just hit the wrong setting or something. How come developers/programers/designers have such little pride in their concepts and ideas. I would be beside myself if something I created sucked. Wash their hands of any responsibility and collect their checks I guess. A new prodcut should work out of the box. Not be tweaked to operate.
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
64. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Jan 26 2008, 11:31 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 26 2008, 11:31 PM EST
"Here's an update to my previous post ... with the SIM card failed, I'm still using the phone's PPC functions. I've restored all the previous applications and have the microSDHC card installed. It has not had a single "DH"!

Supports my belief that the ATT SIM card has something to do with the DH problem. Will get a new SIM tomorrow (free from ATT) and see if DH problem returns. If is does, I will replace the hardware too. Will post an update. "
Would be very interested to know if this solved your (and my) problem...!

Anonymous
65. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Jan 28 2008, 3:31 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2008, 3:31 AM EST
how do you install the kaiser tweak? everytime i try to install it stops at 42kb and i notice the internet explorer goes on?
mprasek

mprasek
66. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Jan 28 2008, 9:56 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2008, 9:56 AM EST
"Would be very interested to know if this solved your (and my) problem...!"
UPDATE: Replaced the SIM card on 01/18. Have not had a single issue with the phone since. Works flawlessly! I recommend to anyone having "deep hibernation" issues to get a new SIM card. It took about 5 minutes to swap it out at an ATT store.

Anonymous
67. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Jan 31 2008, 8:19 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 31 2008, 8:19 AM EST
So I loaded the KaiserTweak on the Tilt, but what exactly do I have to tweak to make the hibernation problem to go away?

Anonymous
68. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Jan 31 2008, 11:56 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 31 2008, 11:56 PM EST
Most of the options have a "advised/recomended" option.

I am still having the sleep issue with mine. It seems to be getting worse. It happens sometimes when I slide the keypad out, it happens random times when it is off. It does seem to happen much more often when it is being moved around, like in a carrier/in a pocket. It almost never happens if it is just sitting on a table or desk.

I'm going to see about changing out the simm card tomorrow. Report back on monday.

Anonymous
69. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 4 2008, 2:17 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 4 2008, 2:17 AM EST
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PHONE! It has so many issues! The problems I experience are: phone loses signal and fails to reconnect; VERY BAD signal EVERYWHERE!; Poor battery life. What's worse is that the phones costs $300-$400 and AT&T will NOT extend the warranty on the phone and after 1 year, you're on your own! Oh, also, AT&T will NOT replace your phone with a NEW phone, instead, they will give you a refurbished phone! I've had 2 already and they both experience the same problems!!!! Screw AT&T and this awful phone!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
kerjen

kerjen
70. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 6 2008, 10:21 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 10:21 AM EST
I think I've finally found a solution to this "freezing during sleep" problem, after searching various forums for the past week... If you're having a similar problem, try the following:

1. Download Kaiser Tweak (if you haven't already):
http://rapidshare.com/files/81514292/KaiserTweak.zip

2. Unzip and copy the .exe and .xml files to your Tilt, and run the .exe from the Tilt.

3. Go to the "Notifications" section, and set both options to "60 seconds" or more.

This fixed the problem for me, and it should do the same for most of you having similar problems. I tried this for the first time last night and this morning my phone didn't freeze and the alarm went off, etc.

You should probably also set all the other options to the "advised" choices in Kaiser Tweak.

Hope this helps!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
jfnjfn

jfnjfn
71. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 6 2008, 9:46 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 9:46 PM EST
You are so right....I think there are major problems with this device and in my case it becomes inoperatable even as a phone. Need to let folks know, perhaps company will respond with a fix.
jfnjfn

jfnjfn
72. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 6 2008, 9:50 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 9:50 PM EST
"none of the 3 tilts i had , had any passwords set, they would randomly for no reason go into deep sleep which required a soft reset to come out of , no response to any buttons or anything would work except battery removal or reset, while in this state the phones would not receive mail, text or phone calls at all. so far i have not heard of any known cause nor solution from either htc or att. i know from the att boards and the clerks at several att stores that i am far from alone in experiencing this and other issues, htc made a great device, but is seems to have many bugs that need fixing asap, i went back to my treo 750 not my favorite phone but alot more reliable and better battery life by far."
I am a thinking I need to back to Treo as well
jfnjfn

jfnjfn
73. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 6 2008, 9:57 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 9:57 PM EST
Think you are right. It was a trap for me to buy this. Don't know why the reviews aren't putting this stuff out.
jfnjfn

jfnjfn
74. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 6 2008, 10:05 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 6 2008, 10:05 PM EST
I too am having problems and don't see solutions coming forth
mprasek

mprasek
75. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 7 2008, 8:57 AM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2008, 8:57 AM EST
"I think I've finally found a solution to this "freezing during sleep" problem, after searching various forums for the past week... If you're having a similar problem, try the following:

1. Download Kaiser Tweak (if you haven't already):
http://rapidshare.com/files/81514292/KaiserTweak.zip

2. Unzip and copy the .exe and .xml files to your Tilt, and run the .exe from the Tilt.

3. Go to the "Notifications" section, and set both options to "60 seconds" or more.

This fixed the problem for me, and it should do the same for most of you having similar problems. I tried this for the first time last night and this morning my phone didn't freeze and the alarm went off, etc.

You should probably also set all the other options to the "advised" choices in Kaiser Tweak.

Hope this helps!"
I agree that this tweak will help, but it did not stop my phone from the deep freeze. Replaced the SIM (as noted above) and that is still working. I still feel this is an AT&T only SIM card issue. I don't see the same kind of complaints from non-AT&T users.

Anonymous
76. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 7 2008, 6:44 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 7 2008, 6:44 PM EST
ok gang I think I have solved the problems with this one. I talked in depth to a AT&T service guy and we went over all the possibilities. I got a brand new phone from him, free of chrage and it has not had a single issue. (the guy who says they won't give you new phones or help you is fullof crap) So see if any of you have these issues. 1. if you had a older phone, I had an ipaq before, and they don't tell the system you have this phone when they program the new sim card, it will jack the tilt up really badly. The tech was telling me that when you put in a sim card it downloads a small program for the new phone the first time it turns on. If the wrong phone is listed on your account the sim card will download the wrong program. 2. If you have an older version of activesynch and you use it with this phone it can also mess up the firmware. If you have a different phone and you don't completely unistall activesynch then it can transfer the wrong data to the tilt and mess it up. 3. If you use programs that are not made for windows mobile 6 it can fry the phone. The Tilt is very sensitive to what you load on it. I got a new phone with a new sim card and loaded it on a computer that has never had activesynch and it has not had a single problem. Most the people here who are complaining have had a different phone with AT&T. I think it is just a customer service account error that messes the tilt up. If it was a REAL problem with the phone, there would BE tons of complaints all over the net about it! I hope this helps. I am super happy with my phone now.
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
mprasek

mprasek
77. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 8 2008, 12:32 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 8 2008, 12:32 PM EST
"ok gang I think I have solved the problems with this one. I talked in depth to a AT&T service guy and we went over all the possibilities. I got a brand new phone from him, free of chrage and it has not had a single issue. (the guy who says they won't give you new phones or help you is fullof crap) So see if any of you have these issues. 1. if you had a older phone, I had an ipaq before, and they don't tell the system you have this phone when they program the new sim card, it will jack the tilt up really badly. The tech was telling me that when you put in a sim card it downloads a small program for the new phone the first time it turns on. If the wrong phone is listed on your account the sim card will download the wrong program. 2. If you have an older version of activesynch and you use it with this phone it can also mess up the firmware. If you have a different phone and you don't completely unistall activesynch then it can transfer the wrong data to the tilt and mess it up. 3. If you use programs that are not made for windows mobile 6 it can fry the phone. The Tilt is very sensitive to what you load on it. I got a new phone with a new sim card and loaded it on a computer that has never had activesynch and it has not had a single problem. Most the people here who are complaining have had a different phone with AT&T. I think it is just a customer service account error that messes the tilt up. If it was a REAL problem with the phone, there would BE tons of complaints all over the net about it! I hope this helps. I am super happy with my phone now."
This is good info. It explains why I was given a new SIM when I received the Tilt. It also makes it plausible that ATT didn't properly setup this SIM. In my case, ActiveSync was installed for the first time on my PC.

I also feel that HTC has a problem here too. Take a look at other threads for similar HTC phones with other providers (e.g., Sprint & Alltel). Their boards contain many similar complaints.

In any case, my 2nd SIM card is still working great. (Fingers crossed.)

Anonymous
78. RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Feb 26 2008, 9:21 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 26 2008, 9:21 PM EST
Thank you for sharing the tip about using the small hole by the USB plug. My unit had locked up for the second time since October purchase. Previously resolved by removing battery, but like your method better.

Anonymous
79. RE: at&t tilt 8925 power on issue
Feb 29 2008, 12:46 PM EST | Post edited: Feb 29 2008, 12:46 PM EST
I had the same problem on a phone that I bought 2 days ago. The provider could not solve the problem so they gave me another phone. This is the first time that they had dealt with this particular issue.
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)