• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues

Watch
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next

Anonymous
RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Dec 28 2007, 3:01 PM EST
It's been almost a week now with no issues at all since I've installed the Kaiser Tweak program. This is tool is extremely important and highly needed for all you AT&T Tilts and HTC Kaiser owners out there. I highly recommend you get this "freeware" program. Now that this bug has been resolved, my HTC Kaiser is a highly valued device again. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
mkklein

mkklein
Jan 1 2008, 2:13 PM EST
I am here because I too now have similar issues to everyone else. I have a Tilt that is a little over a month old. Here is what happened. Last night, I was out in my car when I noticed that the battery was running low. It was not to the point where I was getting warnings about low battery. I plugged the phone into my car charger and charged it until I got home--about an hour later When I put it on the car charger, I got the plug indicator on the battery emblem showing that it was charging..

It was not fully charged when I got home. So, I brought it into the house and put it on my desktop charger that is connected to a desktop computer via USB. I noticed that the computer did not make the noise that it normally makes when a device is attached to the USB. I also noticed that I did not have the plug indicator over the battery. Since then, I have tried the following:

-- I reset the computer.
-- I attached another device to the computer to make sure the USB was working, I got the indicator noise to show it was.
-- I tried a plug-in charger.
-- I tried both hard and soft resetting several times, and resetting after hard resetting.

I found this Wiki and saw the information about the tweak. The problem is that the USB port on the phone neither allows charging or connection to the computer. AT&T is sending a refurb phone as others mentioned. I will try the tweak on that one. Needless to say, I am disappointed because I was really anticipating this phone. Now, I find it is apparently very buggy.

BTW, , I will note that the instructions to hold down the soft keys while doing a soft reset did not work on my phone. It was more like do a soft reset and then press the soft keys while it was soft resetting.

BTW 2: Shame HTC for not getting the fix out on these problems.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 5 2008, 1:50 PM EST
I was having problems with my AT&T Tilt. It wouldn't come out of sleep mode. I tried installing KaiserTweak program which seemed to fix the issue. Hasn't frozen on me for the past week. Here is download link for Kaiser Tweak. Hopefullt it fixes the freezing problem. http://rapidshare.com/files/81514292/KaiserTweak.zip Do you find this valuable?    
scope422000
scope422000
Jan 5 2008, 3:15 PM EST
I believe it's probably the same tweak program from the previous thread. I'm glad it's worked out for you. I've installed it, and it's been running without any problems for the past 2 weeks now. I recommend everyone that owns an ATT Tilt or the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser) to install this tweak program. It's well worth it!

Now if they can extend the battery life, then we have a great device!

Anonymous
Jan 6 2008, 11:17 AM EST
I'm pretty sure I saw where someone had a larger battery for the Tilt, which included a new back cover to accommodate the larger battery. I found it in a Google search one time but decided against it because I didn't want to buy a new case at the time. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 7 2008, 3:20 PM EST
I am having the same issue and I find it VERY annoying. Constantly hitting the power button (or scrolling the wheel) to bring the screen back is a time waster during voice mail checks and it makes this phone less user-friendly. This MUST be addressed with a software mod. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 7 2008, 5:38 PM EST
"I am having the same issue and I find it VERY annoying. Constantly hitting the power button (or scrolling the wheel) to bring the screen back is a time waster during voice mail checks and it makes this phone less user-friendly. This MUST be addressed with a software mod."
It has been. If you use the Kaiser Tweak's application that has been discussed in this thread, it will resolve that issue. I have placed it on the Tilt Wiki page on this site. But here is the link anyways:

http://www.jongma.org/KaiserTweak/
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
scope422000
scope422000
Jan 7 2008, 8:56 PM EST
Again, everyone needs to get this Tweak program installed. It is a must if you want your Tilt to be working reliably. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
tbs30
tbs30
Jan 7 2008, 11:04 PM EST
Just tried the Tweak program. Cured the sleep mode problem while making or receiving a phone call. Highly recommend this fix. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Jan 8 2008, 1:15 PM EST
"Checking voice mail, my phone shuts down before I can push number to save or discard message. Is there a fix to keep this phone awake during phone calls?
Thanks--"
Are you sure that your backlight just isnt going off? By design, the backlight is set to turn off after 10-15 seconds while on a call to preserve battery power. If this is the case for you, all you need to do is ove the scroll button or tap the power button to get the light to come back on. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 8 2008, 2:39 PM EST
any body find a way to stop pocketmusic from hibernating when listening to music Do you find this valuable?    
Bdogs

Bdogs
Jan 13 2008, 5:45 PM EST
Do you mean the way it turns itself off and you have to power it up to make a call? Do you find this valuable?    
Bdogs

Bdogs
Jan 13 2008, 6:01 PM EST
I am really angry at the basically unusable speakerphone. You can't hear it, unless you hold it an inch from your ear. What good is that? Also, it's a two hand job to make a call. if it's such a smart phone, why can't it work properly as a phone? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 14 2008, 11:11 AM EST
Mine was charging, and I turned it off to let it charge for the night (pressed the power button lightly just to turn off the screen). When I woke up, I unplugged the device, and the device won't turn on. I took out the battery, put it back in, and it still won't turn on. I took out the battery and sim card, put them back in, and it still won't turn on. If I plug it into power, the red light on the front comes on, but nothing else. Otherwise, the device is completely blank. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
mprasek

mprasek
Jan 14 2008, 11:35 AM EST
I got my Tilt in mid-Nov 07. Last week I experienced my first "deep hibernation" or DH ... green blinking light and couldn't wake it up. Soft reset was the only way to get it back. I'm traveling overseas now and have been fighting this phone for the last 3 days. It would DH hourly on one day and then once or twice the next.

I've got a 4GB microSDHC card installed. All programs (Google Maps, MS-BCM Business Contacts, JotoSoft FingerFriendlyFriends, TCPMP Core Player, Kaiser Tweak, HTC Home6, etc) are installed in the main memory though. (For the record, I've been using Kaiser Tweak since week #1. It's a great program that does help extend batt life by turning off 3G connection after a period of time. It did not solve the DH problem though.) In between the above DH's, I did a hard reset (i.e., clear storage) twice. The HD still occurred with only default ATT software installed.

Yesterday, I put my SIM card into a friends old phone to ease my frustration. This worked, but the old phone wouldn't switch over to English language menus so I went back to my Tilt. Today, my Tilt gave me a "SIM card missing" error. After a few on/off and SIM re-seating tries, it found it and life was good. Then I got another DH and could no longer get the phone to see the SIM card. To make matters worse, the SIM card could not be found by the friends phone either. So here I sit in another country without a working phone.

My theory is that there is something wrong with ATT's SIM cards in the HTC phone. It is possible that I damaged the SIM, but I'm not new ... I know how to do this. I think the SIM card was progressively failing.

When I return, I'll take the phone in. Hoping a new SIM card will fix everything. I am doubtful though. Will also hard reset again this time without the ATT bloatware. Too bad really ... I love the phone. Shame on HTC and ATT.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 14 2008, 11:46 AM EST
"I got my Tilt in mid-Nov 07. Last week I experienced my first "deep hibernation" or DH ... green blinking light and couldn't wake it up. Soft reset was the only way to get it back. I'm traveling overseas now and have been fighting this phone for the last 3 days. It would DH hourly on one day and then once or twice the next.

I've got a 4GB microSDHC card installed. All programs (Google Maps, MS-BCM Business Contacts, JotoSoft FingerFriendlyFriends, TCPMP Core Player, Kaiser Tweak, HTC Home6, etc) are installed in the main memory though. (For the record, I've been using Kaiser Tweak since week #1. It's a great program that does help extend batt life by turning off 3G connection after a period of time. It did not solve the DH problem though.) In between the above DH's, I did a hard reset (i.e., clear storage) twice. The HD still occurred with only default ATT software installed.

Yesterday, I put my SIM card into a friends old phone to ease my frustration. This worked, but the old phone wouldn't switch over to English language menus so I went back to my Tilt. Today, my Tilt gave me a "SIM card missing" error. After a few on/off and SIM re-seating tries, it found it and life was good. Then I got another DH and could no longer get the phone to see the SIM card. To make matters worse, the SIM card could not be found by the friends phone either. So here I sit in another country without a working phone.

My theory is that there is something wrong with ATT's SIM cards in the HTC phone. It is possible that I damaged the SIM, but I'm not new ... I know how to do this. I think the SIM card was progressively failing.

When I return, I'll take the phone in. Hoping a new SIM card will fix everything. I am doubtful though. Will also hard reset again this time without the ATT bloatware. Too bad really ... I love the phone. Shame on HTC and ATT."
Make sure you check back on the Kaiser Tweaks website. The creator of the application updates it and adds new functionaility. I would get a newer version, especially if you've been using it since November. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
mprasek

mprasek
Jan 14 2008, 12:24 PM EST
"Make sure you check back on the Kaiser Tweaks website. The creator of the application updates it and adds new functionaility. I would get a newer version, especially if you've been using it since November."
Thanks ... I did get an update during my time with the Tilt. I believe I have the current version 0.41. Yes, this version added the 3G disable timer among other things. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 17 2008, 12:11 AM EST
"Thanks ... I did get an update during my time with the Tilt. I believe I have the current version 0.41. Yes, this version added the 3G disable timer among other things. "
Have been using my Tilt with kaiser_tweak installed ,primarily to get around the backlight issue during a call. However, this also prevents the back light from going off when I listen to music using a bluetooth headset (HT820) As a result, my battery runs out fairly quickly.

My question: is there a way to let Tilt turn ff the back light when only media player is running? Might it be in the updates kaiser_tweak?
Rainman76
Rainman76
Jan 17 2008, 11:22 AM EST
"Have been using my Tilt with kaiser_tweak installed ,primarily to get around the backlight issue during a call. However, this also prevents the back light from going off when I listen to music using a bluetooth headset (HT820) As a result, my battery runs out fairly quickly.

My question: is there a way to let Tilt turn ff the back light when only media player is running? Might it be in the updates kaiser_tweak?"
Are you using the included WIndows Media Player? If so, you can assigne a button on your phone to turn off the screen while listening to music. I personally am using the HTC Audio Manager that came with the HTC TyTN II. It allows me to turn off the screen using the power button and will still play music when I do that. Do you find this valuable?    
mprasek

mprasek
Jan 17 2008, 4:50 PM EST
Here's an update to my previous post ... with the SIM card failed, I'm still using the phone's PPC functions. I've restored all the previous applications and have the microSDHC card installed. It has not had a single "DH"!

Supports my belief that the ATT SIM card has something to do with the DH problem. Will get a new SIM tomorrow (free from ATT) and see if DH problem returns. If is does, I will replace the hardware too. Will post an update.
Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors