• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues

Watch
First < Previous | 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Anonymous
RE: at&t tilt 8925 power on issue
Aug 8 2008, 10:25 PM EDT
"I had the same issue (RLOD - Red LED of Death). AT & T replaced unit, now a week later the same thing is happening with the replacement. !!
Any ideas ??
Greg ( [email protected] )"
Yes dump it like I did Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: at&t tilt 8925 and sleeping or hibernating issues
Aug 15 2008, 4:36 PM EDT
I've had the same problem for a while. After much testing, I finally singled out the cause of the problem: it's the Metro free software (version 5.6.9 or earlier). Whenever I installed and used Metro, a couple of days later the phone began to sleep randomly despite the fact that the phone still has plenty of free memory. Soft reset doesn't help. The problem is gone once I removed Metro, which is a pity because I used Metro quite often. Do you find this valuable?    
greeneyes1977@charte

greeneyes1977@charte
Aug 29 2008, 10:42 PM EDT
I work for a cell carrier and have worked for 3 total--- there is a fix to this and no one that is employed by a carrier is allowed to tell you these things because they are not " official carrier programs"....every carrier blocks about 50% of a phone's capabilities including a host of settings that are set when they run the programming for branding on these phones-- every carrier gets a branded ROM for backup and it is even in those...There is a program called "Kaiser Tweaks" -- you download and run it on your phone and then it gives you the true back door access to these programming setting and is extremely simple to work as it is just subsets of setttings and you click on the + by each subset and you can completely turn off this deep sleep setting along with LOADS of other settings you can toggle on and off- things you would otherwise think is just the way the phone is made. This program or "tweak" is completely free and I think you can get it from www.download.com --if you cannot find it from there just run a search for "Kaiser Tweak" and you will definitely find it on multiple sites....there is no use in turning these phone into to tech support or warranty as all of these phones have these issues and settings as I deal with them all day but cannot tell my customer's about this program so it is truly a miracle fix to them although I do not agree with not being able to inform customers of something they should be told since otherwise they have a host of "problems or issues" with these phones. I just fix it and advise them to let me know if any problem...... this WILL FIX THIS ISSUE ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS. Do not go and pay for some site promising to fix this issue for a fee as this program is completely free. I have fixed all the issues I see in these forums regarding these phones with this tweak. I hope this helps fix some programming errors and issues for some of you at wit's end. 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 12 2008, 1:28 AM EDT
"I work for a cell carrier and have worked for 3 total--- there is a fix to this and no one that is employed by a carrier is allowed to tell you these things because they are not " official carrier programs"....every carrier blocks about 50% of a phone's capabilities including a host of settings that are set when they run the programming for branding on these phones-- every carrier gets a branded ROM for backup and it is even in those...There is a program called "Kaiser Tweaks" -- you download and run it on your phone and then it gives you the true back door access to these programming setting and is extremely simple to work as it is just subsets of setttings and you click on the + by each subset and you can completely turn off this deep sleep setting along with LOADS of other settings you can toggle on and off- things you would otherwise think is just the way the phone is made. This program or "tweak" is completely free and I think you can get it from www.download.com --if you cannot find it from there just run a search for "Kaiser Tweak" and you will definitely find it on multiple sites....there is no use in turning these phone into to tech support or warranty as all of these phones have these issues and settings as I deal with them all day but cannot tell my customer's about this program so it is truly a miracle fix to them although I do not agree with not being able to inform customers of something they should be told since otherwise they have a host of "problems or issues" with these phones. I just fix it and advise them to let me know if any problem...... this WILL FIX THIS ISSUE ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS. Do not go and pay for some site promising to fix this issue for a fee as this program is completely free. I have fixed all the issues I see in these forums regarding these phones with this tweak. I hope this helps fix some programming errors and issues for some of you at wit's end."
thank you so much for calming me down. I just order this phone and all this talk about red light of death/crappy video quality/wm6.1 update issues have really bummed me out until I read your post. 1 down...2+ to go... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 13 2008, 9:29 PM EDT
i have found the solution. but it will cost you...if you are really interested in solving the red light issue email me at [email protected] went through a lot of trouble fixing it...If you have a warranty on your phone.. Send it back, but if you don't and you chucked your phone up as a lost and it is just sitting around your house email me and i'll give you directions on how to fix it. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
First < Previous | 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors