• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Live Messenger for WM6

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Live Messenger for WM6
Oct 31 2007, 9:17 PM EDT
I have it loaded to, but Windows Live Messenger is no where to be found. Anyone else having this problem. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Stoddard
Stoddard
RE: Live Messenger for WM6
Nov 1 2007, 1:25 AM EDT
Yeah, I don't see it either. However, I didn't use it before I upgraded so I do not even know if it was on my phone. I went through the Windows Update feature in the settings and it didn't show it as an item to download. Maybe that something the Update feature will included in the future :-) Quote and Reply Post a Reply 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 1 2007, 11:26 AM EDT
"I have it loaded to, but Windows Live Messenger is no where to be found. Anyone else having this problem. "
It is inlcued in the OZ IM client called "Instant Messenging" and it can be found under Start>Programs>Messaging>Instant Messaging. You can get to AIM, MSN, anf Y! IM. Quote and Reply Post a Reply 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 1 2007, 2:12 PM EDT
"It is inlcued in the OZ IM client called "Instant Messenging" and it can be found under Start>Programs>Messaging>Instant Messaging. You can get to AIM, MSN, anf Y! IM."
Thanks for the info, but I don't have these options. There is no 'Messaging icon' in Programs. As a matter of fact, I did a search for MSN and Instant Messaging on the phone and it found nothing. :-( I had no errors during the update from WM 5 to 6 that were reported. Could this be a glitch on some phones. I know some people don't use this option on their phone, but I have found it to come in very handy when I am away from the house. Again, thanks in advance for any replies posted. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 12 2007, 5:31 PM EST
mabey navigate to windows live messenger or variation of of IM and load/install from site WHILE on the mobile browser Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 15 2007, 5:13 PM EST
I just got off the phone with ATT tech support and HTC support. Thye told me that they are no longer offering it as ATT & Microsoft have decided to drop it off. Also The bigger feature they dropped is remote desktop client/Terminal Services client. I am very upset about this and have fought with HTC to provide an update with this feature. They are hiding their faces at an in appropriate place where no one can.

Srini
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 16 2007, 9:02 AM EST
"I just got off the phone with ATT tech support and HTC support. Thye told me that they are no longer offering it as ATT & Microsoft have decided to drop it off. Also The bigger feature they dropped is remote desktop client/Terminal Services client. I am very upset about this and have fought with HTC to provide an update with this feature. They are hiding their faces at an in appropriate place where no one can.

Srini"
Understand that these devices are created for a carrier with the features that they request. HTC doesnt get to decide what is added/removed.
You can find a remote desktop/terminal services client to use with your device by doing a search (there are others on this forum that have been successful). You could also load Windows Live if you cant live without it but it will not be supported by AT&T nor HTC.
How are they hiding??

Anonymous
Nov 18 2007, 7:10 PM EST
i couldnt find it on mine either no file for im anywhere
i did find the cab file for it if you go to your medianet homepage and click on instant messaging it will download and install it on the phone
called the OZ IM client
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 18 2007, 7:13 PM EST
and it works good for me i can have yahoo messenger and live open and switch between the two
Stoddard
Stoddard
Nov 18 2007, 9:12 PM EST
Here is how you Officially Get Live Messenger, AIM, and Yahoo Messenger for WM6!
1. On your 8525 Go to At&t Media Net's home (Programs>Internet Explorer>Favorites>Media Net)
2. Under Categories click on "Mail & Messaging"
3. Under Accounts click on "Mobile IM" - When you do this Your 8525 will prompt you for permission to download a 589KB file cal "Mobile_IM_HTC8525_4.1.2CAB" - Make sure you check mark the "open file after download" box then click YES.
4. Once the file download is will ask you for permission to install the CAB file and the location to install it. Choose your "device" as the location and "install"
5. Once the CAB installs you will have "Instant Messaging" under your programs. When you choose it you will notice you have all three Messenger services.
It is all FREE and OFFICIAL from AT&T!!!
Enjoy :-)
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 6  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Dec 9 2007, 12:50 PM EST
"Here is how you Officially Get Live Messenger, AIM, and Yahoo Messenger for WM6!
1. On your 8525 Go to At&t Media Net's home (Programs>Internet Explorer>Favorites>Media Net)
2. Under Categories click on "Mail & Messaging"
3. Under Accounts click on "Mobile IM" - When you do this Your 8525 will prompt you for permission to download a 589KB file cal "Mobile_IM_HTC8525_4.1.2CAB" - Make sure you check mark the "open file after download" box then click YES.
4. Once the file download is will ask you for permission to install the CAB file and the location to install it. Choose your "device" as the location and "install"
5. Once the CAB installs you will have "Instant Messaging" under your programs. When you choose it you will notice you have all three Messenger services.
It is all FREE and OFFICIAL from AT&T!!!
Enjoy :-)
"
Can't find "Mail & Messaging"
Can't find anything on their stupid site.

Can someone just provide a direct link please?

Navigation
Top Contributors