• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Steady red light won't power up

Watch
Previous | 1 2 3 
joyfulnosaj

joyfulnosaj
RE: Steady red light won't power up
Sep 27 2008, 8:21 AM EDT
Like many of you I love (loved) my phone and recommended to all until yesterday when it refused to switch on after charging. Now I get the dreaded RED LIGHT with the charger and no action (tried everything). Thank heaven I did some back up during the week. But pissed off because all my messaging (sent and rec'd) are going to be lost because HTC software does not back up messaging. Ho Hum, I have had the phone for 10 months and so hopefully the warranty will get it repaired, but how long away??? Do you find this valuable?    
joyfulnosaj

joyfulnosaj
Sep 27 2008, 12:32 PM EDT
"Like many of you I love (loved) my phone and recommended to all until yesterday when it refused to switch on after charging. Now I get the dreaded RED LIGHT with the charger and no action (tried everything). Thank heaven I did some back up during the week. But pissed off because all my messaging (sent and rec'd) are going to be lost because HTC software does not back up messaging. Ho Hum, I have had the phone for 10 months and so hopefully the warranty will get it repaired, but how long away??? "
I wonder if there is any chance that any of my personal data on the phone will be rescued. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 1 2008, 10:02 AM EDT
i tried all these things and none of them worked, but i have noticed that ive heard a rattling noise coming from inside my phone like something was loose inside the phone. when the phone quit on me it was screen down and the rattling noise from inside was gone. i figured something broke off and opening up the battery area it finally fell out. but i tried lightly tapping my phone on my hand and i heard that rattling again and a soon as i heard that noise i pressed power and the phone came on right away. so if it sounds like something broke in your phone thats the problem. if u dont hear that noise the phohe wont work. its stupid but true Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 1 2008, 6:28 PM EDT
phone is 4 months old got the red light, phone is fadded changing battery doesnt work, complete garbage Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 10 2008, 4:59 PM EST
Same problem. Followed the above steps and it worked fine. I did have to perform a "soft reset" to bring it completely back into line though.

Thanks for the info....it really worked....and to think I was headed for the Sprint Store.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 20 2008, 5:57 AM EST
Mine's been like this for 2 months - plug in the Touch and I get a red light for 10 seconds then that goes as well. I just called HTC Europe who agreed to take in in for repair as there is a standard 2 year warranty on the phone - courrier comes tomorrow and when I get it back I'll let you know what the problem was.

A note of warning though - NEVER EVER install a 3rd party app called Battery Info - which allows you to overclock your Touch. I fear that it might be that which bricked my phone.

Anonymous
Dec 2 2008, 10:13 PM EST
"Hey Good Work that did it for me!
Descipering your punctuationless instructions:

Plug in the Charger without the battery inside and switch on the power.
Without removing the charger plug in the battery, light went Orange.
Wait a moment or two then power on and you're in business.

Not sure how good this process is for the battery and it's almost certainly worth getting a new one if you can from the network but its probably a short term fix if necessary.

Good Luck to you all, shame about this flaw in an otherwise great phone.

Kudos
[email protected]"
dude i'll try but i realy hope it works i just got the phone

Anonymous
IT WORKS NOW!!!: Steady red light won't power up
Dec 5 2008, 8:48 AM EST
THIS METHOD REALLY WORKS !

Hey Good Work that did it for me!
Descipering your punctuationless instructions:

Plug in the Charger without the battery inside and switch on the power.
Without removing the charger plug in the battery, light went Orange.
Wait a moment or two then power on and you're in business.

Not sure how good this process is for the battery and it's almost certainly worth getting a new one if you can from the network but its probably a short term fix if necessary.

Good Luck to you all, shame about this flaw in an otherwise great phone.

Anonymous
Jan 1 2009, 5:10 PM EST
I got another battery for my phone and it powered right up Do you find this valuable?    
Previous | 1 2 3 
Site pages
Top Contributors