• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

id.francesco

id.francesco
Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Oct 24 2007, 1:10 PM EDT
Hi, i have problems setting up a PAN connection between my Htc P3600 and the notebook(Packard Bell Easynote). I manage without any problems to set up a bluetooth syncronisation creating a partnership(using Windows mobile device center) with the notebook but when i try to connect to a "Bluetooth personal area network" it won`t recognise my device Can anybody help me? Thanks. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Nov 8 2007, 1:59 PM EST
I've been having the same problem... Still no luck... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 3 2008, 7:42 PM EST
and now? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Same problem
Feb 4 2008, 3:04 PM EST
I am having the same issue. Problem is that its an HTC S710 trying to connect to an HP notebook with Broadcom bluetooth controller running Windows Vista. At this point, Im not sure out of these 4 manufacturers is responsible? Do you find this valuable?    
gronnie
gronnie
RE: Same problem
Feb 4 2008, 3:13 PM EST
Make sure to enable "Internet Sharing" on your HTC device before trying to join the Bluetooth PAN. 2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 31 2008, 3:55 PM EDT
ik heb dit probleem ook, binnen vista kan ik wel mujn HTC S730 via BT paren, maar de HTC biedt geen Internet sharing (PAN) aan. Bij het paren geeft vista wel aan dat er een driver benodigd is maar deze is niet te vinden (CD). 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Worked: Bluetooth PAN Connection (Vista)
Apr 15 2008, 7:12 AM EDT
I got it to work between my HP Pavillion and S710...for a while. I rebuilt my notebook and did a hard reset of the phone and everything worked as standard using default options. Its now been 2 months and yesterday, for the first time, the PAN ability is now missing. Nothing has been installed on either the laptop or phone and I am wondering if Windows Update for Vista has "upgraded" to a stack that doesnt work with S710? Do you find this valuable?