• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: hotmail accountThis is a featured thread

2  | Next
ccksolo

ccksolo
hotmail account
Oct 15 2007, 3:59 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2007, 3:59 PM EDT
Hi,

Does anyone know how to access free hotmail account using AT&T Tilt? I tried from Media, not worked; from window live, not worked(ask for Java script enable?), and there is no pocket msn included? Thanks.
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Keyword tags: hotmail spontaneous
browntannis
browntannis
1. RE: hotmail account
Oct 15 2007, 5:55 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2007, 5:55 PM EDT
"Hi,

Does anyone know how to access free hotmail account using AT&T Tilt? I tried from Media, not worked; from window live, not worked(ask for Java script enable?), and there is no pocket msn included? Thanks."
Pocket MSN is not included in this build
To get Hotmail access on your device, you can use Blackberry Connect (which requires a specific data plan) or try to set it up via Messaging which will take you to the Windows Live Mobile page where you can access your hotmail and add it to your Internet Explorer Favorites. The draw back here is that you have to login to check your mail.
Another option is to download and install Windows Live but I am thinking that it was removed from the final build for a reason and may cause issues with your device.
Do you find this valuable?    
Rainman76
Rainman76
2. RE: hotmail account
Oct 15 2007, 9:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Oct 15 2007, 9:02 PM EDT
"Hi,

Does anyone know how to access free hotmail account using AT&T Tilt? I tried from Media, not worked; from window live, not worked(ask for Java script enable?), and there is no pocket msn included? Thanks."
You need to open the account from the messaging application. When you open it, it should give you the option to create a new email account. The other thing you can do is goto XDA-Developers and look for the .CAB for Windows Live Services, which was not include on the ROM build for the Tilt. I got the download myself and works great on my Tilt. As for Pocket MSN, that was replaced by Windows Live Services.

Anonymous
3. RE: hotmail account
Mar 21 2008, 5:45 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 21 2008, 5:45 PM EDT
here is the link to download windows live here. You can access your hotmail with is install.
http://rapidshare.com/files/67058498....0600.cab.html

Anonymous
4. RE: hotmail account
Apr 18 2008, 5:48 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2008, 5:48 PM EDT
I tried that and it did not work... do you need to download it to you computer then to the phone.
Rainman76
Rainman76
5. RE: hotmail account
Apr 18 2008, 10:02 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 18 2008, 10:02 PM EDT
"I tried that and it did not work... do you need to download it to you computer then to the phone.
"
Yes, you need to save it to your computer, then copy it to your phone. Once on the phone, open the file on the device.
denco7
denco7
6. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 12:01 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 12:01 AM EDT
This is kind of off topic but I think related. Messed with my phone last weekend and added many .cabs.Home 6 Tab plugin, Touchflo 1.4, HTC Cube, TyTN ll new default background theme, HTC Home Customizer, Kaiser Tweaks and Windows Live Services and enabled push email for my .live email account. Also Comm Manager andHTC Audio Manager. My problem is that now my phone spontaneously connects to the Edge network all day and for no apparent reason. When I go into Comm manager and switch off the 3G switch it disconnects but then connects again by itself. Sometimes it stays off for a while but then will connect later. It doesn'y just connect when email is pushed to my phone it is all day, even when I'm connected in a WiFi hot spot. My .live account is set to push as emails arrive. My Outlook and Comcast .net account are set to manual checks only. I can't fiiqure the cause or the remedy. Hope this is enough information to help.
Rainman76
Rainman76
7. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 11:12 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 11:12 AM EDT
"This is kind of off topic but I think related. Messed with my phone last weekend and added many .cabs.Home 6 Tab plugin, Touchflo 1.4, HTC Cube, TyTN ll new default background theme, HTC Home Customizer, Kaiser Tweaks and Windows Live Services and enabled push email for my .live email account. Also Comm Manager andHTC Audio Manager. My problem is that now my phone spontaneously connects to the Edge network all day and for no apparent reason. When I go into Comm manager and switch off the 3G switch it disconnects but then connects again by itself. Sometimes it stays off for a while but then will connect later. It doesn'y just connect when email is pushed to my phone it is all day, even when I'm connected in a WiFi hot spot. My .live account is set to push as emails arrive. My Outlook and Comcast .net account are set to manual checks only. I can't fiiqure the cause or the remedy. Hope this is enough information to help."
Are you saying that EDGE is the only thing connecting and that you cant get a 3G connection at all?
denco7
denco7
8. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 11:50 AM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 11:50 AM EDT
I am assuming that I am getting a 3G connection? When it connects it says connecting to MEdia Net, GPRS, 3G but only the "E" icon comes on in the top bar whether the 3G switch is on or off.
Rainman76
Rainman76
9. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 12:15 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 12:15 PM EDT
"I am assuming that I am getting a 3G connection? When it connects it says connecting to MEdia Net, GPRS, 3G but only the "E" icon comes on in the top bar whether the 3G switch is on or off."
If you only have an "E" on you phone, you an only getting EDGE service. It specifically has to say 3G on the phone. Another way to to see if you are only on EDGE is to run a bandwidth test. Goto www.dslreports.com/mspeed on your phone's Pocket Internet Explorer. Do a test on a 100 Kb file. If the download speed is about 120 Kb/sec, you are on EDGE.
denco7
denco7
10. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 12:31 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 12:31 PM EDT
I cannot remember the last time I have gotten a 3G icon. Is 3G service default or only in certain areas or under certain circumstances? My immediate problem is this spontaneous connection. I have a unlimited data plan so it doesn't hurt, but it is annoying to look at my phone and see that I have been connected for the last two hours, as well as the battery drain. Any ideas on what may be causing this? It seems to have started since I set up my @live account for push email?
Rainman76
Rainman76
11. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 4:22 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 4:22 PM EDT
"I cannot remember the last time I have gotten a 3G icon. Is 3G service default or only in certain areas or under certain circumstances? My immediate problem is this spontaneous connection. I have a unlimited data plan so it doesn't hurt, but it is annoying to look at my phone and see that I have been connected for the last two hours, as well as the battery drain. Any ideas on what may be causing this? It seems to have started since I set up my @live account for push email?"
3G is the default connection on AT&T's network. Are you receiving emails in the timeframes that the phone is connecting to the data network? If so, that is why it's connected often. Also, what kind of battery drain are you experiencing?
denco7
denco7
12. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 5:11 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 5:11 PM EDT
I am still just getting the E icon . It might be the weak signal that AT$T has in my town. As I said it is rare when I get a 3G icon. I performed your test and came up with 99Kbs. I am not recieving any @live push emails when it connects, as it is a relatively new account and not many have that address yet. As I said my Outlook and Comcast accounts are set to manual send and recieve. I even turned off MS push in Comm Manager and it still connects by itself. I will sit here as it tries to connect to MEdia Net press cancel and it will immediately try to connect again. I will press cancel again and I will do this 4 or 5 times before it will stop trying to connect. I will put the phone down and 5 mins or so later it will connect again. I will take my phone off the charger at around 6:00 am and after a day of not above average calls and email checks ( I know thats ambiguous ) My battery is on it's last legs by 7:00 pm, ( screen is warning me to save any info because the battery is weak. Under the same usage my Blackberry would last 48 hrs. Tried to think of everything that would cause it to connect to MEdia Net by itself and have drawn a blank
Rainman76
Rainman76
13. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 5:38 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 5:38 PM EDT
"I am still just getting the E icon . It might be the weak signal that AT$T has in my town. As I said it is rare when I get a 3G icon. I performed your test and came up with 99Kbs. I am not recieving any @live push emails when it connects, as it is a relatively new account and not many have that address yet. As I said my Outlook and Comcast accounts are set to manual send and recieve. I even turned off MS push in Comm Manager and it still connects by itself. I will sit here as it tries to connect to MEdia Net press cancel and it will immediately try to connect again. I will press cancel again and I will do this 4 or 5 times before it will stop trying to connect. I will put the phone down and 5 mins or so later it will connect again. I will take my phone off the charger at around 6:00 am and after a day of not above average calls and email checks ( I know thats ambiguous ) My battery is on it's last legs by 7:00 pm, ( screen is warning me to save any info because the battery is weak. Under the same usage my Blackberry would last 48 hrs. Tried to think of everything that would cause it to connect to MEdia Net by itself and have drawn a blank"
Hmmmm strange as I have gone for a day using my Tilt to make about 45 minutes worth of phone calls (I know not a lot, but I communciate through email more), push email always on, some Internet use, some Microsoft Live Search and I have gotten down to 68% after about 8 hours. As for the connect, I have let it connect and it stops giving me that message once it has gone through the connect cycle.

Not sure what else the issue could be. I'll have to think about that more.
denco7
denco7
14. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 6:00 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 6:00 PM EDT
My usage is about the same. I have read that some Gps model Kaisers are getting unusual battery drain in standby mode(xda-developers sticky) but I do not think that mine falls into this catagory. This is my 2nd Tilt , my first Tilt was perfect but crashed in the middle of the latest HTC Rom update. Went to the tri-color bar screen, crashed and no one could revive it. AT$T sent me another phone (refurbished?) and this one seems to be alot slower and quirkier that my first one. The first one had no lag time and not one problem. Seems like I chase a bug every time I download .cabs on this one. This connect problem just started happening this week. I know it has to do with one of the programs or settings I downloaded last weekend. The question is what is causing the phone to want to connect to MEdia net all day. I'm pretty sure being connected for hours a day is causing the battery drain. Thanks for your present and future input, I will keep trying to think it out and let you know.

Thanks , Denco
denco7
denco7
15. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 9:06 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 9:06 PM EDT
Thought I had it narrowed down.Every time it would spontaneously connect to Edge Net. I would go into Task Manager and would find Activesync running. Quit AS and disconnected and tried again with same result. Must be AS and push email? So I set Activesync from " as they arrive " to manual, and no fix. Phone still spontaneously connected to Edge Net, but this time when I went into Task Manager, Activesync was not running. Still trying to find solution. Denco
Rainman76
Rainman76
16. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 9:37 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 9:37 PM EDT
"Thought I had it narrowed down.Every time it would spontaneously connect to Edge Net. I would go into Task Manager and would find Activesync running. Quit AS and disconnected and tried again with same result. Must be AS and push email? So I set Activesync from " as they arrive " to manual, and no fix. Phone still spontaneously connected to Edge Net, but this time when I went into Task Manager, Activesync was not running. Still trying to find solution. Denco
"
Try asking AT&T for a new SIM card. I had an issue with my SIM card not switching from EDGE to 3G. The new SIM card worked and solved my problem. AT&T will provide it for free to you. Just run down to a Corporate AT&T store and they can help you.
denco7
denco7
17. RE: hotmail account
Apr 19 2008, 10:19 PM EDT | Post edited: Apr 19 2008, 10:19 PM EDT
I will try that. I guess I had always assumed you needed to be in the "right " area to go from the Edge Network to a 3g connection. I never assumed that it was a hardware problem. It is still killing me that I cannot track down the cause of this spontaneous connecting though. I am currently going thru a years worth of posts on xda to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Anonymous
18. RE: hotmail account
Jun 9 2008, 3:47 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 9 2008, 3:47 AM EDT
SALAM
duytruong

duytruong
19. RE: hotmail account
Jun 10 2008, 12:11 AM EDT | Post edited: Jun 10 2008, 12:11 AM EDT
You have to be signed up for the hotmail premium account, it cannot be the free account
2  | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)