• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

P4000 downgrading to WM5

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

bolee

bolee
P4000 downgrading to WM5
Sep 30 2007, 12:53 PM EDT
I am considering upgrading to WM6 and am wondering if it is possible to go back to WM5 if I find WM6 doesn't work well on this device. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Has anyone gone to WM6 on the P4000 yet? comments?
Thanks!
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: P4000 downgrading to WM5
Sep 30 2007, 3:12 PM EDT
I am not aware of a way to undo this. I am about to take back my third unit. WM6 doesn't solve the freezing problems and on two units it has caused problems with the bluetooth. It randomly turns off. If you use your bluetooth and your unit is working okay with WM5, you might want to consider not upgrading yet. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 13 2007, 3:47 PM EDT
I have already upgraded to WM6, and it seems to work great..!!! Almost all my freezing and weird problems have disappeared, and I enjoy a lot of the great new features.... I only wish I could find an "old-phone" ringtone for it now.. that was removed from WM6...Jim Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
buick14

buick14
Dec 7 2007, 3:14 PM EST
"I have already upgraded to WM6, and it seems to work great..!!! Almost all my freezing and weird problems have disappeared, and I enjoy a lot of the great new features.... I only wish I could find an "old-phone" ringtone for it now.. that was removed from WM6...Jim"
I, too, am looking for the "Old Phone" ringtone. If you find how to get it and install it to WM6, I hope you will post it here. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Dec 14 2007, 12:43 PM EST
"I, too, am looking for the "Old Phone" ringtone. If you find how to get it and install it to WM6, I hope you will post it here."
I just download WM6 and plan to install it this weekend. In WM5, all the default ringtones were .wma files in the Windows\Rings folder on your phone. I don't know yet if this is the same folder in WM6.

But you can try - connect your phone to your PC, open ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center (Vista Users), explore the files on you phone (you may need to change your folder settings to unhide "protected operating system files", and go to Windows\Rings folder. Then paste in the old ringtone .wma file.

If you don't have a backup copy of the ringtone, I do have it and can send it by email if you need it again. Just post an email address here.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
buick14

buick14
Dec 14 2007, 2:15 PM EST
Thank You -- that would be fantastic if you could send the ringtone called "Old Phone."
Use this email address: [email protected]
Maybe you should put "Old Phone" in the subject line, so I can find your message if it gets spam filtered.
Per your advice I looked in all the files I saved before converting to WM6, including the folder "\Windows\Ring" -- I don't see it. I also looked in the WM6 version of that folder. -- So if you have it and can send it, I would appreciate it a lot.
Thanks!
buick14

buick14
Dec 21 2007, 9:34 AM EST
"
If you don't have a backup copy of the ringtone, I do have it and can send it by email if you need it again. Just post an email address here."
I hope you will send that file for the ringtone called "Old Phone."
I've been watching for it.
Please send it to:
[email protected]
Thanks !