• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Cannot Hear Incomming or Outgoing Calls without the headset plugged in

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Cannot Hear Incomming or Outgoing Calls without the headset plugged in
Sep 27 2007, 6:56 PM EDT
Hey Everyone. It seems that my XV6700 thinks the headset is plugged in (when it is not). When a call comes in or is made, I cannot hear anything. I can only use the phone with the headset. Any suggestions to get it back to normal. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Cannot Hear Incomming or Outgoing Calls without the headset plugged in
Oct 2 2007, 5:53 PM EDT
I had the same issue after using a plug-in headset for 3 weeks. It turned out to be the headset receptacle under the phone. I had Verizon replace it and asked if there was an issue using the wired headset and the responce was no. I used the new phone for about 4 weeks and the same problem occured. Asfte pleading with Verizon support they would not send me a new phone unles did a hard reset. After 2 hard resets and two phones I decided to not use the wired headset and go 100% bluetooth. Just too much pain reloading all my apps. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 12 2007, 5:29 PM EDT
"Hey Everyone. It seems that my XV6700 thinks the headset is plugged in (when it is not). When a call comes in or is made, I cannot hear anything. I can only use the phone with the headset. Any suggestions to get it back to normal."
I had this problem - jam a toothpick (or somthing else wooden) in the headset jack hole and wiggle a bit - it's like the contacts get stuck and the phone still thinks you have the headset plugged in - good luck Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
RE: Cannot Hear Incomming or Outgoing Calls without the headset plugg
Nov 22 2007, 2:41 PM EST
The toothpick worked for me too. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 24 2007, 1:17 PM EST
Yep worked for me too, I used a small pin with tissue to clean the contacts, it was pretty dirty. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 1 2008, 3:00 AM EST
"Yep worked for me too, I used a small pin with tissue to clean the contacts, it was pretty dirty."
I have the same reply and toothpick is not workin for me any other ideas please??

thanks.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 1 2008, 3:01 AM EST
oops i mean same problem :P my bad. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 1 2008, 3:03 AM EST
I have the weirdest problem.. I can hear the phone ring but when i try to play the ringtone from sounds and notifications tab i can't hear the same ringtone.. i can hear the phone ring but i cannot hear the sms ring tone. if anyone calls me the speaker and mic is dead can't turn the speakerphone on i think it all happened after i used a wired headset. wat else can be the problem any help wud be appreciated??? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 18 2008, 8:41 AM EDT
After 3 replacement XV6700s from Verizon all failing in this same pattern, I tried this solution and it worked for me, too. Thanks!!! I knew there must be some solution out there! Now I don't have to reload all my apps and data pn another replacement device (what a waste of time)! Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 19 2008, 7:45 PM EDT
Works great!!! thanks Do you find this valuable?    
Top Contributors