• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Fatal Power Flaw - Display ON even after key lock drains battery

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Fatal Power Flaw - Display ON even after key lock drains battery
Aug 16 2007, 8:40 PM EDT
Even after one locks the SDA keys by pressing the 'End' key for 2 secs, the screen Display and backlight light up with any key depression. This will drain out the battery within 3 or 4 hours if the any key is inadvertently kept pushed in, say by, placing the SDA in its tight holster, in one's pocket or in a briefcase. It happened to me .... the phone keys were locked but some key must have got pushed by stuff inside my briefcase. This a
HTC / TMobile could design a simple s/w fix for it if they wanted to. Simply, require that the display & backlight will power on in the keylock mode only after 2 (or 3) quick successive key depressions. Such a fix would prevent a pressure from holster or briefcase from power up the display or the backlight.
T Mobile does not plan a s/w update for the SDA since it is now discontinued (Aug,.g. 2007). However, I did call in to HTC and T Mobile with the above problem and the recommended fix on Aug. 14, 2007. One can only hope that the HTC will find it in its best interest to fix this fatal power waste problem. (It is not realy a T- Mobile issue because I see it as a s/w design flaw and not a feature shortfall).
4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Fatal Power Flaw - Display ON even after key lock drains battery
Sep 11 2007, 10:14 PM EDT
I agree, I'm searching the web for a solution. I was wondering why the battery was dying so much faster. Can't find anything to help with this. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Nov 23 2007, 5:05 AM EST
ha i kept password for my mobile HTC touch.......when i typed password my mobile has struked.......i removed my battery and i restart my moblie.....when i typed password its not opening......could u please help me 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Mar 17 2008, 5:51 PM EDT
You may need to restore defaults. It happened to me too that always said "incorrect password" though I didnt change my password Do you find this valuable?