• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: Phone boots up then turns off, boots up, turns off

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Anonymous
Phone boots up then turns off, boots up, turns off
Aug 9 2007, 8:01 AM EDT
My 2125 was working fine until suddenly it was off. I tried to turn it on with the power button, no luck. I pulled the battery out, put it back in it would reboot all the way back but when I would touch any button, it would turn off. We pulled the sim card out and put it back in and it worked right for a day. Then we replaced the sim card and it will give you the first Cingular screen, then windows Mobil screen, then goes to Goodbye. Any help out there? 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Phone boots up then turns off, boots up, turns off
Aug 31 2007, 7:57 AM EDT
Replace your battery. I have 2 of these phones and the problem follows the battery. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 7 2007, 10:45 AM EDT
"My 2125 was working fine until suddenly it was off. I tried to turn it on with the power button, no luck. I pulled the battery out, put it back in it would reboot all the way back but when I would touch any button, it would turn off. We pulled the sim card out and put it back in and it worked right for a day. Then we replaced the sim card and it will give you the first Cingular screen, then windows Mobil screen, then goes to Goodbye. Any help out there?"
i'm having the same issue. Just started for no reason it seems. doesn't matter what button is pushed, the phone restarts. The on/off button does nothing. You can push it hold it rub it kiss it, it does nothing. Every other button on the phone will cause it to reboot. I did the software version update, no change. I'm thinking it's going to require a tech going inside. did a new battery help yours? - [email protected] Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 10:32 AM EST
Did you ever get this fixed. If not, I just cracked my screen and am looking for a non-finctioning phone for parts.

[email protected]
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 9 2008, 10:33 AM EST
Did you ever get this fixed. If not, I just cracked my screen and am looking for a non-finctioning phone for parts.

[email protected]
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
May 7 2008, 9:46 PM EDT
I have this same issue. Additionally, I have had to go through about four layers of customer service. This is because I have a smartphone plan at $19.95 a month, which I use almost exclusively for pulling email off our work’s exchange server, no real browsing. I am about 3/5 of the way through my 2 year obligation. Now that my 2125 died, they don’t want to honor my data plan yet I am obligated to honor my two year commitment. After talking to CS, they will honor it only with a non G3 smartphone . Regarding the fix, I too wonder if there is one out there. My 2125 will actually power on and stay on until I touch any button, at which point it turns off and reboots again on its own. Since I can’t go to the info page I can’t tell which rom or radio number I have. I do know that my os version (or whatever it is) is 2.8.42.22. I was able to reinstall this but it didn’t solve the issue. Afterwards, talked to cingular, they claimed they would push down an update. After a day it started working again for approximately two days and then went back to continually rebooting. This is very unfortunate because up to this point in time, the phone was in perfect shape, never dropped, etc. While this phone isn’t for everyone, it is perfect for me. I use it primarily for a phone and pulling down messages. I do IT so I am primarily only looking for emergency related emails while away from work. This isn’t a phone for someone who does a lot of replying to or creating emails, or even browsing, however being perfect for what I do I want to retain the small size and convenience of this form factor. I bought a partial working 2125, can only talk and hear via Bluetooth but will be buying a full functioning one soon as Bluetooth only can be a pain sometimes. If they try to kick you off a smartphone plan, be sure to call and complain. It is because of the smartphone plan package and form factor that I bought into this sytem and I shouldn’t have to loose it because of equipment failure!! 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Aug 9 2008, 11:09 PM EDT
I have the same problem! AT&T told me to try getting a new battery and if that does not work a new phone. Do you find this valuable?    
Site pages
Top Contributors