• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: "Sorry - session has expired"

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

Phoenix7344

Phoenix7344
"Sorry - session has expired"
Jul 10 2007, 11:05 PM EDT
Has anyone seen this message when accessing a website - "Sorry - session has expired". I have a Cingular 8100 phone that I purchased on 6/10/06. I'm a day trader and I connect to the InteractiveBrokers Mobile Trader website - "https://wt1.interactivebrokers.com/MT3G/servlet/LoginS". I never had a problem until last month (June 2007). When I access the site, the site times out in a matter of 1 to 2 minutes and I get this message - "Sorry - session has expired". I have contacted Cingular, now the new AT&T and they stated that the problem isn't with their system. I have contacted the website and they stated that the problem isn't with their website. I have contacted htc, downloaded the new software and the problem still existed. I have contacted htc a second time and they stated that the problem isn't with their hardware. Over the past month, I have contacted AT&T about 5 times and their solution to the problem is to spend another $200 and buy a Blackberry 8300 Curve with a new 2 year service contract. I realize that this is a long shot, but I'm hoping that there is someone, somewhere on this planet Earth that can help me. So far, no one has been able to help me. Everyone just points the finger at the other guy. And AT&T will not take responsibility for their service and hardware that they sell. They just want to make more money from me for their issue. Anyways, this has already cost me a lot of money in lost stock transactions. I'm seriously thinking about getting a Treo and switching back to Verizon.

email: [email protected]
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: "Sorry - session has expired"
Jul 11 2007, 8:23 AM EDT
I got your point in the last post.The only thing i would like to say is when you get this message are you navigating the website or you leave IE untouched for sometime.Sometime on the computer from where you are accessing website have some sort of time frame.By time frame i mean if you leave the website open for sometime untouched it will expire the session.It is just like you login to msn or yahoo account & leave it open for sometime untouched next time you click any option session will expire. Do you find this valuable?    
Phoenix7344

Phoenix7344
Jul 11 2007, 6:01 PM EDT
It happens when I'm navigating the website. For example: I connect to IB Mobile Trader. I login with my user name and password. The Mobile Trader home page opens. I go to my account. Then I go to my portfolio. At that moment, I get the message, "Sorry - session has expired". I was actively using the website when it timed out. I've been trading on this site since summer 2006. I wasn't doing anything different. Furthermore, I have a friend that has the same phone and day trades too on it at the same website and he too is experiencing the same problem that I am. In addition, his problem started at the same time my problem started. He also hasn't had any success with AT&T or the website. Here's more. I was at the AT&T store last week and I used the personal htc phone of the sales rep which is the next generation of the 8100. Suppose to be faster and have more features. Anyways, he let me use his phone and it exhibited the same problem. THIS IS A NEW PHONE! So what the heck is going on. While at the store, I used a Blackberry 8300 Curve and didn't have any problems. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jul 24 2007, 11:04 AM EDT
"For example: I connect to IB Mobile Trader. I login with my user name and password. The Mobile Trader home page opens. I go to my account. Then I go to my portfolio. At that moment, I get the message, "Sorry - session has expired". "

The above descriptions are exactly same thing that I have had with IB MobileTrader. I have been with Cingular (AT&T) with a Pay to Go phone and there was no issue to trade via IB a couple of months ago. I guess that 'Session expired" issue is probably due to AT&T.
I am thinking to login IB forum to get some kind of solutions or suggestions
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Aug 14 2007, 8:53 AM EDT
I have the same problem with my Nokia N95 here in the Czech Rep. I use IB mobile trader. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 9 2007, 4:53 PM EST
"It happens when I'm navigating the website. For example: I connect to IB Mobile Trader. I login with my user name and password. The Mobile Trader home page opens. I go to my account. Then I go to my portfolio. At that moment, I get the message, "Sorry - session has expired". I was actively using the website when it timed out. I've been trading on this site since summer 2006. I wasn't doing anything different. Furthermore, I have a friend that has the same phone and day trades too on it at the same website and he too is experiencing the same problem that I am. In addition, his problem started at the same time my problem started. He also hasn't had any success with AT&T or the website. Here's more. I was at the AT&T store last week and I used the personal htc phone of the sales rep which is the next generation of the 8100. Suppose to be faster and have more features. Anyways, he let me use his phone and it exhibited the same problem. THIS IS A NEW PHONE! So what the heck is going on. While at the store, I used a Blackberry 8300 Curve and didn't have any problems."
Here on Nov. 9, I just discovered the same problem with an ATT/HTC 8525. Has anyone figured out the problem and/or a solution yet? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
Nov 9 2007, 7:09 PM EST
Have any of you tried clearing your browser history and deleting the temporary files?
Start>Internet Explorer>Menu>Tools>Options>Memory Tab.
I checked out the User Manual of IB Mobile Trader and it certainly leaves room for more info.
Since more than one device is having this issue, and they arent even all HTC devices, I bet it has something to do with blocking a port. The IB Mobile Trader wesbite shows that the application needs to use port 443. You may want to ask AT&T if they are blocking that port.

Anonymous
Nov 9 2007, 9:52 PM EST
I just tried downloading the latest veresion of the OPERA browser for pocket PC (www.opera.com) and it seems to take care of the problem for now. But I have to enter the URL www.interactivebrokers.com/wml to go directly to the IB Mobile Trader page. I'll try it out during market hours to see if the problem really does go away. Let's hope. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 24 2008, 11:23 PM EDT
I also use the Mobile Trader and have been experiencing the same issues. I have a Palm Treo 755p and use Sprint. Three weeks ago, I have was able to execute trades and didn't have the session expire on me. I have tried to fix it by clearing the cookies and cache and still no luck. I have also tried to fix it by erasing the phone and starting back at the factory defaults. I have also tried to upgrade the firmware on the phone and no luck. Anyone have any other suggestions? I too have been getting the runaround from IB and Sprint. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 6 2008, 5:18 PM EDT
"I also use the Mobile Trader and have been experiencing the same issues. I have a Palm Treo 755p and use Sprint. Three weeks ago, I have was able to execute trades and didn't have the session expire on me. I have tried to fix it by clearing the cookies and cache and still no luck. I have also tried to fix it by erasing the phone and starting back at the factory defaults. I have also tried to upgrade the firmware on the phone and no luck. Anyone have any other suggestions? I too have been getting the runaround from IB and Sprint."
I also have a treo 650 and have been trading with IB with no problem..just recently I have got this "session time out" and not able to get past the first screen..wondering if you found any solutions Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 14 2008, 12:35 AM EDT
I have had no luck with getting a fix for this. I even downloaded Opera Mini on my 755p, and tried it on that but encountered the same issues. I called IB several time regarding this and their idea was to go try on another phone. I have tried another 755p from the Sprint store, and no luck. Tried on the iPhone as well and no luck. So it does not look like a Sprint issue as i have tried another carrier and other browsers. The developers at IB are suppose to be looking into this, but my guess is that they aren't doing anything regarding it. Even if you try to access the Mobile Trader URL from a PC, you get the same time out error, HTTP 500 error. It has been well over a week since i last contacted IB, and i haven't heard anything back from them. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
May 21 2008, 6:23 PM EDT
"I also have a treo 650 and have been trading with IB with no problem..just recently I have got this "session time out" and not able to get past the first screen..wondering if you found any solutions"
have you had any lucks or updates with your treo 650? also which cell phone company do you use? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 19 2008, 7:41 PM EDT
I have been getting the same problem "sorry- session has expired " and I gave up. I even tried on the new iphone, blackberry from others. No luck. The problem seems to be with IB. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 26 2008, 11:30 PM EDT
yeah it is a very frustrating experience dealing with the tech support as well. they keep insisting it is an issue with my phone and browser. the phones only have a few settings that can be changed with the browser, and none of those would cause the webpage not to work. is there anyone that has been successful in using the Mobile Trader? btw, the demo login doesn't even work. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 22 2008, 1:11 PM EST
In researching this issue I found that the problem appears to lie with IB's authentication. Every time you try to do somthing in MobileTrader it verifies your IP address. If your IP changes then you get the 'session expired' error.

Unfortunately it is the nature of cell phones that your IP changes all the time as you move from tower to tower. You shouldn't have this problem if your phone is connected via WiFi as your IP will remain fixed.

One way I think you can fix this is by using either a Proxy Server or a VPN. This way IB will see your VPN or Proxy IP which will not change. You can setup your PC/router at home to be the Proxy or VPN host and basically route your connection through that. Let me know if this works for anyone.

Good Luck.
Site pages
Recent Site Activity
Top Contributors