• A Wetpaint Site
Welcome! This is a website that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: All I get is "Align Screen" on soft or hard reset???

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

dja361

dja361
All I get is "Align Screen" on soft or hard reset???
Jun 20 2007, 9:37 PM EDT
I have been told this is a digitizer issue and the screen needs to be replaced. Is there a step by step for this process? I have also been told that doing this myself will void warrenty. What if I don't care? Is there anywhere to get the information? 3  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
jsirianni7
jsirianni7
RE: All I get is "Align Screen" on soft or hard reset???
Sep 5 2007, 2:06 AM EDT
Have you tried a "hard reset" ? Hard resetting your device takes it back to complete factory mode, everything will be just as it was when you first bought the device. Make sure you sync up one last time on your PC via Active Sync before hard resetting it so when you sync back up you will be able to restore all your contacts, etc....... the only thing you will have to do is re customize everything the way you want it to be. See if this fixes the problem. To hard reset the device you hold down both soft keys while sticking the stylus in the reset hole for 5 seconds, it will take a few minutes to reboot. Let me know if this works. If you have already tried this, sorry.

-Joe
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Oct 22 2007, 5:51 AM EDT
No go. Tried this and it didn't help me. 0  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 10 2008, 9:58 PM EST
Well i had to do a hard redet on my sisters phone and we have the Htc 5800 version from bell and all i had to do was hold the left and right soft keys and turn the device on. it might of gotten rid of all her information but it got her phone working. 4  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
Top Contributors