• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

< previous page | 1 2 35 | next page >

Anonymous
RE: Upgrading the Rogers S621 to Windows Mobile 6.0
Sep 12 2007, 1:19 PM EDT
"nothing yet... i guess the upgrade will come from rogers"
I just called rogers and they said that they are not providing an upgrade.
I also called HTC and they said that they are not providing an upgrade as its up to Rogers to do so.

This SUCKS!

S.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Sep 12 2007, 3:22 PM EDT
i wrote an email to [email protected] and got a reply from cingular support saying HTC will not provide the upgrade, and cingular neither. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 15 2007, 12:38 AM EDT
"i wrote an email to [email protected] and got a reply from cingular support saying HTC will not provide the upgrade, and cingular neither. "
What is the main difference between the WM5 and WM6? I also downloaded the file and the file downloaded was S620 one.

Anonymous
Sep 15 2007, 12:48 AM EDT
this sucks :( i called rogers last week and they said they'll be getting windows mobile 6 for htc but first need to get training on it and all, and also said to check in a few weeks on the rogers website for more info, the weird thing is that the htc s621 rogers - is avaible with windows mobile 6 from rogersplus
http://www.rogersplus.ca/ look at the first page on the right, the phone says now avaiable with windows mobile 6. this is killing me cuz i just bought the phone about 2-3 weeks ago.. and it came with WM5.
andeke07

andeke07
Sep 15 2007, 9:25 AM EDT
If you click on the ad, you'll see it still says Windows Mobile 5 in the specs. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Sep 15 2007, 10:30 AM EDT
Anyway, they already got the ROM but they don't publish it.
The S620 Rom fits into the S621, but it is not that easy to upgrade because all the phones comes locked
Temporallobe9
Temporallobe9
Sep 15 2007, 2:07 PM EDT
Ok I have figured this out. First you need to unlock it go here http://www.imei-check.co.uk/dashunlock.php (they require photo ID)

You can also go hear http://www.gsmliberty.net/shop/htc-e...ck-p-1452.html (no photo ID)

It's about 40.00 bucks. Now I now alot of people have done this (just like I did) then got all excited and downloaded the update. Only to find out it didnt work. That's because you need to download this to RUU_Excalibur_SPL-1.11_UpgradeOnly.zip You can do this on this website http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=327757&highlight=s621 The guy who put this togeather has put a step by step way of downloading the update. Follow the instructions and you will using the Windows WM6 on your Rogers S621. Expect to spend about 1-2 hours. I have succesfully updated my S621 Yeah!! I will put this in another post so people can find it a little easier

Anonymous
Sep 15 2007, 2:52 PM EDT
"I just got off the phone with HTC as well and they said Rogers will be releaseing WM6 on September 11th."
The 11th has come and gone, and still no update.... Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 16 2007, 7:59 PM EDT
i don't know about you guys but all of us are expecting this free upgrade, but it seems to be that if we want to upgrade it won't be free, i say this because the upgrade is already available but you have to pay about US 40.00 to get it (CID unlock) and have it installed on your device so in other words, if you can pay 40 bucks you can have WM6 installed on your device in about 2 hours but if you don't want to pay at all you'll have to keep waiting for an upgrade that we really don't know if they are going to make available.
so is up to you guys or i'll say is up to us

Anonymous
Sep 19 2007, 12:46 PM EDT
i just find a way to upgrade the s621 to WM6 and no need to pay for CID unlock, is just a procedure of 5 steps that i find on the web, maybe you guy already figure it out and no need to know but if you still need this please let me know so i can post step by step how to do it.
i was one of the bunch of people that were waiting for the upgrade until last night that i finaly could upgrade my device and so far is working amazing.

Anonymous
Sep 19 2007, 1:37 PM EDT
Please post the 5 steps, thanks... I think it would really help a lot of us. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 19 2007, 2:19 PM EDT
ok first of all you have to download the thinks you need on this link: http://rapidshare.com/files/55606861/S621_Unofficial_WM6_Update_Files.rar.html

this download includes:
1- rom upgrade from the htc webpage(most of you already have it)
2- SDA aplication unlock
3- USPL CID bypass

after you have downloaded this start with the following steps:
1) Run the SDA Application Unlock.exe to application unlock your phone, it will greet you with "SDA successfully unlocked".
2) Turn off your S621 and remove the storage card.
3) Turn your S621 on and connect it to active sync (windows xp)/windows mobile device center (windows vista).
4) From the Excalibur USPL- CID BYPASS run Uspl.bat. Follow the on screen step by step instructions. Press enter through the prompts which you have already completed in steps 1-3. On your S621 mobile you “may” be prompted to allow "itsutils" then "haret" to run, press yes both times... On running haret your screen will go black with the backlight on dim. Now go to active sync/windows mobile device center and disable usb connections. (Note all going well the screen will remain in this black state until step 5 has completed).
5) Now run the update official HTC S620 WM6 update and everything else is automated. You’re done!
*Please note that after the update completes and the phone reboots, the phone will freeze for a few minutes on the Windows Mobile Splash Screen. This is normal. Let the phone complete its update and it will get passed the splash screen in about 5min. The phone will then show configuring phone settings and then ask for a reboot. Once rebooted, the phone should load and be at the WM6 home screen relatively quickly.

6) Re-enable usb connections on active sync/windows mobile device center and make any tweaks to setting necessary to get the phone working to your preference.

hopes this works for you all guys and please post your comments

Anonymous
Sep 19 2007, 3:11 PM EDT
DON´T DO THIS: WITH THIS PROCEDURE YOU KILL YOUR WI-FI
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=328690
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 19 2007, 3:34 PM EDT
Call rogers
ask for the Data Business Department
then a tech rep will tell you it will be updated by the end of the month
i believe them, we've all waited like months for this, might aswell be another 2-3 weeks for it and for it to be working legit and not wasting no money on unlocking your device and voiding your warranty,
Temporallobe9
Temporallobe9
Sep 19 2007, 4:00 PM EDT
"DON´T DO THIS: WITH THIS PROCEDURE YOU KILL YOUR WI-FI
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=328690"
It didnt when I did it. My Wi-Fi works fine. Infact I am doing this from my phone. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Sep 19 2007, 5:40 PM EDT
"DON´T DO THIS: WITH THIS PROCEDURE YOU KILL YOUR WI-FI
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=328690"
i also did it and it's working just fine and the WI-FI is working better that ever Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 19 2007, 5:49 PM EDT
i've tried but at step 5, i receive an error stating comm cannot be established with the phone... do you do that with mtty session? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Temporallobe9
Temporallobe9
Sep 19 2007, 6:07 PM EDT
Don't know. I had no issues at all. It automatically connected to everything I had with old Windows Mobile. I was impressed as I didnt even have to allow it back on my network. When I got to school It figured that out to. I have heard some rumours that your previdor may block you (heard not proven) as they are concerned about skype and other free internet connections. I have no quality information on this though. Other than that, the only think I could suggest would be reinstalling it. I am not the most technically afficiant person though.
Quote and Reply Post a Reply 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Sep 26 2007, 1:02 PM EDT
well, i imagine that most of you guys did upgrade to WM6 and i think that's why nobody has make a post again since, i just wanted you to know that if you go to the HTC page and sign in to the e-club you'll find out that the upgrade is not available anymore, so we will still be wainting for that upgrade if it wasn't for the procedure that takes us to the glory. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
cmeilicke
cmeilicke
Sep 27 2007, 9:04 AM EDT
i've already upgraded the phone, to establish the mtty session i have to do that to com port 3 and it works. Now i have read that some guys asked to Rogers and they said the upgrade for the S621 will be available at December!! Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
< previous page | 1 2 35 | next page >
Top Contributors