• A Wetpaint Site

Discussion: "Unlock" function; free storage space

Keyword tags: HTC DASH

Watch
Previous | 1 2 

Anonymous
RE: "Unlock" function; free storage space
Jun 14 2008, 5:56 PM EDT
"I just happened across this string of comments. I am also having a problem finding things on my phone (Cingular 8125) to delete and free up space. I tried the things that were suggested here except for the master reset and was able to recover only about 3 MBs of space. If I do the master reset, will I lose all of my data including my mp3s?"
the best option is format ur storage card, defragment and make sure u take out the storage and insert into a storage card adapter and insert into ur pc. then u can format and defragmentise the storage, then or upload wat ever u want and the card and insert back into ur phone. this will solve the problem. actually did did solve my problem
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: "Unlock" function; free storage space
Dec 1 2008, 1:09 PM EST
"You just said the magic words: "sync with my exchange server".

What you can do, since all your contacts, e-mail, taksks, etc. are stored on a server, you can just perform a MASTER RESET on your phone and that will erase all data and restore it back to factory settings with lots of free memory. After that, you just simply plug in your exchange server settings to resync your data back from the server, The Master Reset should also fix those Unlock issues with your phone and the other problems you have with it as well.

ALSO, there are a couple of other things you can try PRIOR to doing a master reset. If you do a lot of web browsing you can try clearing the "temporary internet files", "cookies", and "history". You can do this by going to Start->Internet Explorer->Menu->
->Options->Memory. You can also try removing any third party programs that you have installed. Lastly, if you have dowloaded any ringtones before go to File explorer->Applications data->sounds, and delete any ones you don't need."
Thanks. Clearing internet history and reducing time to keep pages in history from thirty to seven days gave me back 18MBs and got read of the recurring annoyance. Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)
Site pages
Top Contributors