• A Wetpaint Site
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: "Unlock" function; free storage space

Keyword tags: None (edit keyword tags)

Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

2 | Next

[email protected]
"Unlock" function; free storage space
Jun 12 2007, 1:43 PM EDT
My phone is very frustrating. When I go to answer 30% of calls, the phone indicates "Unlock" and I loose my caller or they go to voicemail. 50% of the time, my phone will revert to "Unlock" after a call is comleted. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I have tried to remove the "unlock" via the keypads, but it does not take. I have had three Cingular phone reps try to unlock this feature, and they cannot do it. UGHHHHHH! Help!
\
Also, a message keeps coming up on my screen that says :"ALERT! Your phone is running low on free storage space......" But, I cannot find how to free up more storage space! Help again!
1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
greggk

greggk
RE: "Unlock" function; free storage space
Jun 15 2007, 4:14 PM EDT
I cannot help you on either score, although I can commiserate on the "Unlock" and answering the phone. But I write to add my name to the chorus on the "Alert". I keep getting the alert, but also don't know how to free up more storage space. Please help me, too! 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
HTCdude
HTCdude
Jun 17 2007, 4:02 PM EDT
Well, regarding the free up more storage space issue, then you do just that. Go to start->file explorer-> and delete files that are taking up storage space. for example; pictures, music, etc. 1  out of 8 found this valuable. Do you?    
greggk

greggk
Jun 18 2007, 9:56 AM EDT
"Well, regarding the free up more storage space issue, then you do just that. Go to start->file explorer-> and delete files that are taking up storage space. for example; pictures, music, etc."
Thanks htc Dude. I have about 6 pictures on my phone (total maybe 1 Mb). No videos. Have deleted all text messages. From Task Manager, I still get "Storage Memory" 20.94 MB,"Used" 20.11 MB. I have no idea how to free up more "Storage Memory." Do I need to delet e-mails, too? That woudl be a problem, since when I sync with my exchange server, I might end up deleting things I want to keep. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
HTCdude
HTCdude
Jun 18 2007, 10:47 AM EDT
You just said the magic words: "sync with my exchange server".

What you can do, since all your contacts, e-mail, taksks, etc. are stored on a server, you can just perform a MASTER RESET on your phone and that will erase all data and restore it back to factory settings with lots of free memory. After that, you just simply plug in your exchange server settings to resync your data back from the server, The Master Reset should also fix those Unlock issues with your phone and the other problems you have with it as well.

ALSO, there are a couple of other things you can try PRIOR to doing a master reset. If you do a lot of web browsing you can try clearing the "temporary internet files", "cookies", and "history". You can do this by going to Start->Internet Explorer->Menu->
->Options->Memory. You can also try removing any third party programs that you have installed. Lastly, if you have dowloaded any ringtones before go to File explorer->Applications data->sounds, and delete any ones you don't need.
21  out of 21 found this valuable. Do you?    
greggk

greggk
Jun 18 2007, 11:08 AM EDT
Thanks again htc Dude! I think the Master Reset is the answer....I'll report back. 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jun 29 2007, 1:34 AM EDT
"Thanks htc Dude. I have about 6 pictures on my phone (total maybe 1 Mb). No videos. Have deleted all text messages. From Task Manager, I still get "Storage Memory" 20.94 MB,"Used" 20.11 MB. I have no idea how to free up more "Storage Memory." Do I need to delet e-mails, too? That woudl be a problem, since when I sync with my exchange server, I might end up deleting things I want to keep."
the deal is that you have to go to your task manager in the start menu and end programs that are running, they dont always end automatically., plus they just want you to buy memory cards too, 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Oct 25 2007, 2:12 PM EDT
I've got a similar issue on my 3125...Alert, you are running low on storage space. I got suckered into buying that memory card...but that doesn't seem to help... the stuff the jams up the phone can't be saved to those memory cards...guess I need to work more on that, cuz I haven't figured out how to save pictures to that card either... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 24 2007, 5:27 PM EST
Thanks for the valuable hint htc dude, removing temporary internet files made me indeed gain 20Mo... 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Jan 4 2008, 6:06 PM EST
same here, that was one annoying message. actually there were two of them. critically low ...
i freed up 15mb with internet files.
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 14 2008, 6:41 PM EST
Problem;
Having to save Contacts twice for the orginal problem. Also what programs should be deleted.

Anonymous
Feb 7 2008, 9:47 AM EST
Hey, if you are in your 'camera' function, press the 'tools' button the screen, then press the next 'Tools' button, go to Options, go to the General tab, and change your 'save to' setting... Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Feb 7 2008, 10:05 PM EST
deleting internet files worked for me too...15 mb more free. thanks. Do you find this valuable?    
amsanchez

amsanchez
Mar 3 2008, 5:28 PM EST
I just happened across this string of comments. I am also having a problem finding things on my phone (Cingular 8125) to delete and free up space. I tried the things that were suggested here except for the master reset and was able to recover only about 3 MBs of space. If I do the master reset, will I lose all of my data including my mp3s? 0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
Apr 15 2008, 5:24 PM EDT
"My phone is very frustrating. When I go to answer 30% of calls, the phone indicates "Unlock" and I loose my caller or they go to voicemail. 50% of the time, my phone will revert to "Unlock" after a call is comleted. There is no rhyme or reason to it. I have tried to remove the "unlock" via the keypads, but it does not take. I have had three Cingular phone reps try to unlock this feature, and they cannot do it. UGHHHHHH! Help!
\
Also, a message keeps coming up on my screen that says :"ALERT! Your phone is running low on free storage space......" But, I cannot find how to free up more storage space! Help again!"
To unlock, press the dot above the green circle and house. Then press * which is the upper A.

Then set your phone to answer on ANY KEY. You have to go to "Start" "Settings" "A. Call Options" and click the box for "any key answer". That should help.

I'm running low on free storage space myself, but don't know how to free it up.

Anonymous
Apr 19 2008, 12:13 AM EDT
"What you can do, since all your contacts, e-mail, taksks, etc. are stored on a server, you can just perform a MASTER RESET on your phone and that will erase all data and restore it back to factory settings with lots of free memory. After that, you just simply plug in your exchange server settings to resync your data back from the server, The Master Reset should also fix those Unlock issues with your phone and the other problems you have with it as well.
"
How do you perform a MASTER RESET on the 2125? Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 20 2008, 5:21 PM EDT
There are several free softeare programs you can install to clear your memory, the one I use is called "Clear Temp" search google for smart phone free software and you will find lots of options, also if you are searching the net using your explorer that is probably where you are tying up your memory. Open explorer/menu "bottom right"/ Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Apr 20 2008, 5:26 PM EDT
sorry didn't finish, explorer/menue/6 options/memory/clear. you should see a screen with Temporary Files, Cookies, History, again if you have been searching the net this will free up a lot of space. Other than that I would install a 2Gig memory card only certain ones will work though, I install all of my programs on the card, don't save anything on the phone except your contacts. Otherwise you will use up your memory real fast.. When you install a program it will ask you to verify, click bottom right on screen and change save location from "device" to "memory card". Hope this helps. Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 5 2008, 12:06 PM EDT
"the deal is that you have to go to your task manager in the start menu and end programs that are running, they dont always end automatically., plus they just want you to buy memory cards too,"
yes Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 9 2008, 8:36 AM EDT
"You just said the magic words: "sync with my exchange server".

What you can do, since all your contacts, e-mail, taksks, etc. are stored on a server, you can just perform a MASTER RESET on your phone and that will erase all data and restore it back to factory settings with lots of free memory. After that, you just simply plug in your exchange server settings to resync your data back from the server, The Master Reset should also fix those Unlock issues with your phone and the other problems you have with it as well.

ALSO, there are a couple of other things you can try PRIOR to doing a master reset. If you do a lot of web browsing you can try clearing the "temporary internet files", "cookies", and "history". You can do this by going to Start->Internet Explorer->Menu->
->Options->Memory. You can also try removing any third party programs that you have installed. Lastly, if you have dowloaded any ringtones before go to File explorer->Applications data->sounds, and delete any ones you don't need."
Thank you so much! a week of this!!! I deleted things I really needed in desperation! I never thought to do the internet files! It would be the first thing I did on a regular PC... it was so obvious! a big DUH on my part!

I went from 2kb of free memory to 11MB of free memory in a matter of minutes!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!
0  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next
Top Contributors