• A Wetpaint Wiki
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

8525 won't save pics to storage card

Keyword tags: None
Watch
Become a member of the htc community.
Already a member? Sign in

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

jetkat

jetkat
8525 won't save pics to storage card
Jan 10 2007, 6:46 PM EST
if you go to help and follow the instructions for saving pics or files to the storage card the tabs that you are supposed to push aren't even there Quote and Reply Post a Reply 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
weiser

weiser
RE: 8525 won't save pics to storage card
Jan 13 2007, 8:08 AM EST
"if you go to help and follow the instructions for saving pics or files to the storage card the tabs that you are supposed to push aren't even there"
Did you figure it out yet? Yesterday I pushed pic's from my old Moto phone via bluetooth. They all landed in My Documents. I had to cut/paste all to storage card using Edit from Menu. Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 13 2007, 1:10 PM EST
"Did you figure it out yet? Yesterday I pushed pic's from my old Moto phone via bluetooth. They all landed in My Documents. I had to cut/paste all to storage card using Edit from Menu."
On the 8525 that is the only way you can save the pics. There must be a software problem with it. I have contacted HTC and I'm waiting for a reply from them Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 23 2007, 3:47 AM EST
If you mean when you take pics you want to automatically save them to the storage card, mine works... but I did not read directions LOL I started the camera, clicked the wrench, clicked the person with the magic wand, clicked Main Memory and selected Storage Card. Is that what the directions said to do? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jan 27 2007, 2:32 PM EST
"On the 8525 that is the only way you can save the pics. There must be a software problem with it. I have contacted HTC and I'm waiting for a reply from them"
Have they replied. I have the same problem. Please post when they reply to you Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
jsoya

jsoya
Jul 21 2007, 11:17 PM EDT
I was having the same problem after I taped the touch screen icon to change the storage location. I received a prompt each time I started the camera. Finally I changed a registry setting:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Camera\4.00\Strings
Save Location to "Storage Card" and it stoped prompting me and started saving pics to the storage card.

Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Oct 26 2007, 10:37 PM EDT
i had same problem, remove the my documents folder from the memory card, then take memory card out reboot, put card back in, reboot again, then try to take pic or video and it will prompt to save to card, mine has worked fine since Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Nov 10 2007, 5:53 AM EST
yes, i faced the exactly same issue... one fine day all the pictures in 'my pictures' folder were gone like they were never there. i discussed this issue with an HTC tech support guy for almost an hour! and he could conclude what the problem was, and he asked me to hard reset the phone, which means format and reinstall the OS! but i still kept trying to recover my 100+ pictures which i'd lost... i downloaded a recovery tool "photo recovery" and luckily recovered almost all of them as i'd stop writing on tht card as i dint want to overwrite this data. once i recovered them, i deleted the "my documents" folder from the card, and clicked a picture...voila...it started working again! but this is a software bug for sure... hope we have some place to report this? Quote and Reply Post a Reply Do you find this valuable?    
Navigation
Top Contributors