• A Wetpaint Site
Already a member?
Sign in
close
Welcome! Wikis are websites that everyone can build together. It's easy!

Discussion: Disassemble instructions

Keyword tags: None
Watch

Anonymous  (Get credit for your thread)

griam01

griam01
Disassemble instructions
Dec 4 2006, 9:28 AM EST
My son threw my phone on the floor and now the 9 and # key don't work that well. I noticed that it seems that the rubber underneath is sticking out a bit, like it just needs taken apart and put back together. Anyone know of any disassemble instructions? I took a look at it and took the 3 screws out tried to pop the case off, but it seems stuck at the top, so I didn't want to break it any further. Any suggestions? 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Anonymous
RE: Disassemble instructions
Mar 2 2007, 8:31 AM EST
I'm having the same issue...just the 9 and the # key.

They work...but no tactile..no "click" feel when you push it.

Have you or anybody else gotten any further trying to "fix" this on your own?
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Mar 2 2007, 1:16 PM EST
unfortunately, no one ever responded. I managed to call my carrier and act like something else was wrong with it (you can always say it is randomly dropping calls) and they sent me a new phone. :)
Do you find this valuable?    

Anonymous
Jun 30 2007, 2:12 AM EDT
I am having the same problem. I've been able to find service manuals for just about every HTC phone but this one!

Aha! After forgetting to submit this comment, i found an HTC 2125 Disassembly How-To!

Follow this link: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=fbefef05eab5aa59226cd77b5c1146f5&showtopic=238422&pid=726002&st=0&#entry726002

You will have to sign up at this site (for free, of course), but it's obviously worth it. I'm reading the pdf right now, and it looks good, has a couple pictures and instructions on how to take this phone apart. WOOT! Maybe i can fix my phone now!
2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?