• A Wetpaint Site
  • Sign in to Wetpaint

Discussion: HTC Touch HD auto rotation issueReported This is a featured thread

Showing 8 posts

atif_1976
HTC Touch HD auto rotation issue
Saturday, 5:23 PM EST | Post edited: Saturday, 5:23 PM EST
My HTC TOUCH HD has suddenly started showing an issue with auto rotation of opera, and pics. G-Sensor calibration has vertical bubble toward one extreme and horizontal one moves fine. I have given hard reset by pressing reset button at back of phone but no use! Can some one help me with this issue???? Do you find this valuable?    

atif_1976
1. RE: HTC Touch HD auto rotation issue
Sunday, 1:36 AM EST | Post edited: Sunday, 1:36 AM EST
Can someone p lease help me with this issue? Is it software or hardware issue? Can it be rectfied? Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
2. RE: HTC Touch HD auto rotation issue
Sunday, 1:55 PM EST | Post edited: Sunday, 1:55 PM EST
You can a try an actual Hard Reset: Start>Settings>System Folder>Clear Storage but this will delete all your info.
As for the G-sensor calibration, did you put the device on a flat, level surface and then run the calibration again?
Do you find this valuable?    

atif_1976
3. RE: HTC Touch HD auto rotation issue
Yesterday, 6:38 AM EST | Post edited: Yesterday, 6:38 AM EST
Hi Browntannis, I gave a hard reset too but it didnt help either. Then i found a similar issue on the net and its solution worked for me too!!! The solution was a kind of weird one, I just had to shake my phone a bit harder in the direction opposite to the one in which G-Sensor bubble was stuck!! and voila!!! It bubble got released from the extreme end and my phone is now working fine! :)) Do you find this valuable?    
browntannis
browntannis
4. RE: HTC Touch HD auto rotation issue
Yesterday, 10:59 AM EST | Post edited: Yesterday, 10:59 AM EST
"Hi Browntannis, I gave a hard reset too but it didnt help either. Then i found a similar issue on the net and its solution worked for me too!!! The solution was a kind of weird one, I just had to shake my phone a bit harder in the direction opposite to the one in which G-Sensor bubble was stuck!! and voila!!! It bubble got released from the extreme end and my phone is now working fine! :)) "
That is very interesting...hadnt heard that one before! Do you find this valuable?    
denco7
denco7
5. RE: HTC Touch HD auto rotation issue
Yesterday, 12:28 PM EST | Post edited: Yesterday, 12:28 PM EST
"That is very interesting...hadnt heard that one before!"
Just give it a good smack on the desk. Now why didn't you think of that bt ? ; ) Do you find this valuable?    
Sgarrela
Sgarrela
6. RE: HTC Touch HD auto rotation issue
Yesterday, 12:37 PM EST | Post edited: Yesterday, 12:37 PM EST
"Just give it a good smack on the desk. Now why didn't you think of that bt ? ; )"
That use to work with the old analog TVs - back in the last century : ) Do you find this valuable?    

atif_1976
7. RE: HTC Touch HD auto rotation issue
Yesterday, 11:56 PM EST | Post edited: Yesterday, 11:56 PM EST
Touch HD seems to be good sturdy phone like old analog TVs... probably that is why its remedy came through similar action :) Do you find this valuable?    

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on Wetpaint Central.)